Which Gaming Keyboard Should I Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuclear101

Honorable
Dear Everyone,

I want to get a new gaming keyboard, but I have a few criteria:

1. It must be under $100 US dollars.
2. It must be either Cherry MX Blue or Brown.
3. It must have macro keys
4. I WANT it to have some backlight
5. I want it to come from a respectable company.

Sorry if I sound too mean.

Thanks in advance!,

Nuclear101

foolycooly

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
Razer has 50% off peripherals today. I'm not sure if posting the code will be considered spam, but it is BESTOFCES2013.

I picked up a blackwidow stealth (non-ultimate) for around $64 after shipping and can provide feedback when it arrives.

If you want backlight, you'd need the ultimate series. The stealth has a matte finish and brown switches vs. the glossy finish and blue switches of the standard blackwidow. Either one will run you $70 with the promo code, plus another $14 or so for shipping.

bradum

Honorable
May 25, 2012
I think you're going to be hard pressed to find a keyboard that will meet all your criteria AND be under $100. Black or Red switches seem to be by far the most common in gaming keyboards, add in macro buttons and back light... Unless you're willing to go with another type of switch, or give up the macro buttons you're basically going to have to wait for the Logitech G710 to go on sale for more than $30 off.

bradum

Honorable
May 25, 2012

He said he wants it to have macro keys

bradum

Honorable
May 25, 2012

Your first comment was a link to the CM Storm Quick Fire (which doesn't have macro keys), and the one you just posted is a link to the CM Storm Trigger (Which does have macro keys). Must have accidentally linked the wrong keyboard in your first comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.