Which Gaming laptop?

dagsyo

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
Which one ?

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E1...J-n_GRDdwFBCr4_8ykQZ7nAAvRzfF35RoCsr0QAvD_BwE

Or

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16834235023?icid=WP_19_02152019

Mobility and battery life are non issues. I play older non competitive AAA games at 1080p like Witcher iii, Assassin's Creed origins, etc. Would like to spend less than $700. MSI's cooler seems better (could be wrong) and I know the 1060 has more computer power but I worry about the 3 gb vram. Main benefit of the Asus seems to be no rebate and +1 gb vram.

is there something I am missing? I am leaning towards the MSI.

The 1060 3gb does have less vram than the 1050ti but the 1060 3gb does perform much better than the 1050ti. The 1060 3gb shouldnt have its vram maxed out at 1080p with most games today, but i cant say the same for the future.

dagsyo

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
1. What is your budget?

$700 or less

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15.6 would go 17 if there was a good deal.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

More of a desktop replacement. Will travel with it but not too worried about heft/size.

5. How much battery life do you need?

Longer preferable but mostly will used plugged in.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Assassin's Creed Origins, Witcher iii, would like to play at medium to high settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Gaming, web browsing, Ms office suite, occasionally video encode.l (Dvd/Blu-ray rips)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Just enough for a few games, willing to upgrade later.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

None. Have an external.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Have had positive experiences with Asus and msi for desktop hardware in the past. Had a Lenovo laptop I liked pretty well.

13. What country do you live in?

USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Both should work for your uses but the msi will be quicker with an ssd and a faster gpu. The 8300h has 4c/8t. I have a laptop with tha cpu and a 1050 ti. It scores around an 820 in cinebench and turbos to 4.0ghz. For that money the msi is about the best laptop id reccomend.