Which gaming laptop

Hey there,

Well the Alienware is the stronger gamer. The 3050ti in the G15 is what turns me off that one. the 3050ti is comparable to a GTX1660ti mobile (80w). The 3060 is much stronger for gaming. But at a nearly 400 increase for the 3060 and a 165hz panel, I'm not sure it's worth it.

If it were me, I'd take the Alienware M15, but I would go straight ahead and add in another 8gbs. 8gbs by itself hobbles these systems before you even open the box!

jnossa

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2015
Hey there,

Well the Alienware is the stronger gamer. The 3050ti in the G15 is what turns me off that one. the 3050ti is comparable to a GTX1660ti mobile (80w). The 3060 is much stronger for gaming. But at a nearly 400 increase for the 3060 and a 165hz panel, I'm not sure it's worth it.

If it were me, I'd take the Alienware M15, but I would go straight ahead and add in another 8gbs. 8gbs by itself hobbles these systems before you even open the box!

Thanks for the help, I went ahead and bought the Alienware but I'm not sure yet what kind of RAM should I buy to upgrade it, does it have to be ddr4 2933Mhz??

So, what I would do here is (providing you have the lappie already) is open up CPU-z and look at the spec of your ram. Then work from there to purchase a single 8gb stick.

Laptops are much more forgiving than desktop mobo for mixing ram. So as long as the ram you buy is the same speed and CL rating, it should work perfectly.

You can use the Crucial Mem Tool to help: https://eu.crucial.com/store/advisor

Last edited: