[SOLVED] Which gaming mouse to choose according to my hand size and grip style?

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
Hello guys, I'm looking for a gaming mouse for mainly FPS games like Valorant/CSGO. I have Skinny medium hands and my grip style is relaxed fingertip. Currently, I'm using the Viper mini but I'm sure it's not the best shape and size for me. I lift the mouse a lot for 180deg or 90deg turn and the high lift-off distance also bothers me a little. I also figured out I prefer low profile medium-sized, lite-weight mice more with slight curves(like Zowie FK2B or FK1B) than the ones that are tall and very wide since my hands are skinny and I do fingertip grip. I also like the ones that are egg-shaped but again low profile(like the A4tech OP-620D ).

In my country, there isn't a lot of options. The FK1B, FK2B, Razer Viper wired (both 8k and non-8k), razer viper ultimate, Orochi v2, DeathAdder mini v2, some Logitech mice like the G102, G304, G pro wireless, Fantech UX2(clone shape of G pro wireless), UX3(clone shape of Zowie S2), Helios XD3(clone shape of S2), Corsair M55, Corsair SABRE RGB pro, Corsair Katar pro, Pulsar Xlite Wireless etc. and some other popular ergonomic mice are available in the local retail stores. I like symmetric mice more than ergonomic ones and don't mind either wired or wireless. So they're(ergo ones) kinda outta my choice.

I tried G102 LS, Gigabyte Aorus M4 and I don't like them. I surely can afford the FK2B bcz it's the type of shape I'm looking for. But there is no software to change the dpi by increment of 100 . The other choice I have is Viper wired but I'm confused about Its shape and there is no way to give it a try other than buying it, there is no return option. My 3rd/4th choice is the Fantech UX2(clone of g pro wireless) and UX3 or XD3(both clone of Zowie S2) .

But again I'm confused about the shape and I hate any mice with a sudden high hump in the middle or the back, I prefer gradual ones in the middle and with <38mm height. Note that brands like Flinalmouse, Xtrfy, Glorious, Cougar etc. are not available in my country and I can't use heavy mice. 50g-75g is good, up to 75g-85g is tolerable if the shape suits me but never >90g(shape>weight>build quality>feature). any suggestions?

Last edited:
Solution
Oh yeah, I wanted to say pro and not the regular SABRE RGB, cause the regular one sucks compared to the new pro version. Okay, but are u a high sensitivity users or low? I use 700/800 dpi nad 0.42-0.45 ingame sens in Valorant; 800dpi and 1.5 ingame sens in CSGO. I keep the polling rate to 500hz. 125hz feels too inaccurate. 1000hz is too accurate for me and it also is too resource-heavy since I only have a Ryzen 7, 1660ti and 16gb ram.
I use 1600 dpi and then adjust the game to suit me. I’m not at my pc at the moment but can check Cold War and Vanguard as they are my current favourite FPS games. I also use 1000Hz but to be fair I could not tell the difference to 500Hz but it made no difference to performance. Im running a 3700x &...

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
I love this mouse. I bought two for spare.

https://www.newegg.com/steelseries-kana-v2/p/0TP-000A-00022

It's got the hump you seem to despise though. I'm a fingertip player too and find it quite comfortable.
Hello, thanks for the reply. The one you mentioned looks interesting considering it's shape.
Unfortunately, that particular model is not available in my country 🙁 . The only available models are rival 110, 310s, 600 and 710. Almost all of them seem too big and heavy for me. I need one for maximum mobility and control without a lot of effort. Mice that dig in the hand a lot is not my type, the more I have to bend/curl my hand to just grab it before moving the mouse, the less comfortable it is for me for a long time gaming bcz of the added tension. The viper mini really starts to hurt my palm sided inner knuckles after 2-3 hours of gaming and my hand starts to cramp. But it still is a good mouse for me to game with and I don't want another that's gonna feel worse. I'm aware of the fact of getting used to a new mouse but if it's too unsuitable, I just can't get used to it. Also, the mice with high hump really annoy me when I want to aim vertically while sliding it under my palm using my fingers, they just hit my palm and don't want to go back and forth. What could be the best? Maybe an egg-shaped zowie FK2 with a narrow back like my non-gaming mouse: A4tech OP-620D. or maybe Xtrfy MZ1. For causal work or gaming: maybe any mouse is okay but for hardcore gamers: NO.

I have lost count of the mice I have tried. I mainly play FPS games and would describe my hand size and grip as similar to yours. My favourite mouse is the Corsair SABRE RGB. After training it via iCue to the mouse mat it has given me the best results, it just suits me. I even have a spare in a draw from when it went on sale.

Edit just realised mine is the Sabre RGB Pro and worth saying it’s the wired version.

Reactions: hakimul.islam

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
I have lost count of the mice I have tried. I mainly play FPS games and would describe my hand size and grip as similar to yours. My favourite mouse is the Corsair SABRE RGB. After training it via iCue to the mouse mat it has given me the best results, it just suits me. I even have a spare in a draw from when it went on sale.

Edit just realised mine is the Sabre RGB Pro and worth saying it’s the wired version.
Oh yeah, I wanted to say pro and not the regular SABRE RGB, cause the regular one sucks compared to the new pro version. Okay, but are u a high sensitivity users or low? I use 700/800 dpi and 0.42-0.45 ingame sens in Valorant; 800dpi and 1.5 ingame sens in CSGO. I keep the polling rate to 500hz. 125hz feels too inaccurate. 1000hz is too accurate for me and it also is too resource-heavy since I only have a Ryzen 7, 1660ti and 16gb ram.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I wanted to say pro and not the regular SABRE RGB, cause the regular one sucks compared to the new pro version. Okay, but are u a high sensitivity users or low? I use 700/800 dpi nad 0.42-0.45 ingame sens in Valorant; 800dpi and 1.5 ingame sens in CSGO. I keep the polling rate to 500hz. 125hz feels too inaccurate. 1000hz is too accurate for me and it also is too resource-heavy since I only have a Ryzen 7, 1660ti and 16gb ram.
I use 1600 dpi and then adjust the game to suit me. I’m not at my pc at the moment but can check Cold War and Vanguard as they are my current favourite FPS games. I also use 1000Hz but to be fair I could not tell the difference to 500Hz but it made no difference to performance. Im running a 3700x & 3080 with a 1440p 144Hz monitor.

Reactions: hakimul.islam
Solution

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
I use 1600 dpi and then adjust the game to suit me. I’m not at my pc at the moment but can check Cold War and Vanguard as they are my current favourite FPS games. I also use 1000Hz but to be fair I could not tell the difference to 500Hz but it made no difference to performance. Im running a 3700x & 3080 with a 1440p 144Hz monitor.
You got great hardware! mine is just a 1080P 144hz IPS monitor. But I can definitely tell the difference between 125hz, 500hz and 1000hz in the viper mini while the dpi is same 800. 1000hz feels like I need to move the mouse more to travel my cursor the same area I do with 500hz. and 500hz vs 125hz also feels different like 1000hz and 500hz does. 125hz feels like it gets out of control, 500hz is in between: not too lose not too tight and 1000hz is so accurate and tight that it just stops exactly where u stop moving but at the rate of fps drop.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS