Which GeForce GTX 970 brand should I buy?

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
I am getting two GTX 970's and putting them in SLI, but which brand should I get?

I was looking at the EVGA superclocked edition, is EVGA a trusted and reputable brand?

What would you recommend?

Solution
The ACX coolers heat pipes are misaligned with the GPU on the card. The cooler has 3 heat pipes but only 2 are actually in contact. EVGA hasn't been overly helpful to those who were caught out either.

Roast :

recipe-image-legacy-id--560511_12.jpg

and its most quiet, not quitest. :)

Sorry, do not normally correct people on here but that was a bit much with the roast. :D

OP : At the moment the EVGA should be avoided till they fix the issues they are having with their cooler.

These 2 are great alternatives :

MSI Gaming.
Asus STRIX.

EDIT : Zotac makes some great graphics cards too, but they tend to be a teensy bit louder.

Octivius

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
evga is great company and buying via them you have 90 days to upgrade upon registering your evga product. that way if what u got isn't enough you just "step up" that's name of program pay difference and get new product.

I originally bought 770 w/ 4vram and stepped up to 780 w/6vram and for 126.00 it was so well worth it. i'll never buy a graphic card that is not made by EVGA
:bounce:
step up program rocks

Mac266

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014
The ACX coolers heat pipes are misaligned with the GPU on the card. The cooler has 3 heat pipes but only 2 are actually in contact. EVGA hasn't been overly helpful to those who were caught out either.

Solution