Which GF2 ultra to buy?

G

I'm putting together my new CPU soon, and am trying to figure out which GF2 ULTRA I should get. I'm looking at the LeadTek right now, cause it seems to be just as good at 3d as any other card, and costs less. But....some people say that some of the GF2 cards have 2d problems? I'm getting a nice 19" monitor, and don't want it to look like crap cause the 2d sucks. So does anyone know if the LeadTek version has any 2d problems? If so, is there one that doesn't?? Please do not recommend a GF3 or ATI card, thanks :)

G

I hear the Hercules is a really good one, I also heard ...though it retails for $599 (not sure what you could get it at) that the Game Theatre XP with the GeForce2 Ultra is a great package...you get the Hercules GEForce 2 Ultra...and this the Game Theatre XP..which gives u amazing sounds..USB ports...DvD software..the whole works...You can check that out at www.hercules.com

I heard the hercules is good for OC'ing too...

Hope this helps...Anyone correct me if I am wrong.

=Quantum
AO Admin
The Dr.Twister Network
http://ao.drtwister.com

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
Hercules 3D Prophet II Ultra, im almost positive it uses the GF2 Ultra Chip. This is the card im looking at also, im building in April. The MSRP is $499 right now but im sure that will drop into the $200's or so once GF3 hits the market.

Someday I will stop asking all the questions!

G

I own the Hercules Prophet II Ultra and I'm very happy with it. I chose it mainly for the DVI connector because of the TFT display that I have. Overall it works great.

John Garrett
System Admin - www.elementk.com
Editor - Exploring Windows NT Professional