[SOLVED] Which GPU? 1050ti, 1060 3gb, Rx570 or Rx580 for 3D modelling, game development (Blender, Unity) etc., on a budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2018
Hello!
Which Gpu should i get for 3d modelling, game development, editing programs etc?
if none of the above which would you recommend?

-I m not sure which will work better with the cpu i want to get (ryzen5 1600x)

-Ive found that Rx series is better for this stuff"

-Will some of these bottleneck the cpu??
(R5 1600x)

"Prices:"
1050ti 155-160€(palit, zotac)
or 170€(msi, gigabyte)
1060 3Gb 180-190€(zotac)- 200€
570 4Gb 140€(pulse)
570 8Gb 145€(xfx)
580 4Gb 180€(pulse sapphire smth, sapphire radeon)
580 8Gb 200€(xfx, msi) 215€ gigabyte
Obviously there are more models around the prices...

Solution
The Ryzen 5 1600X you're considering will be a fine CPU to start using Blender with. I started with an Athlon x4 760k....

I suspect the RX 580 will be fine for Blender usage too. As I understand it AMD graphics cards have traditionally been quite good with this sort of computational work than Nvidia graphics cards.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
The CPU is irrelevant to the decision - no video card works better or worse than another because of the CPU it's working with.

That said, gaming-wise, the RX 570 generally performs on par with the 1060 3GB, and is priced lower than the 1050Ti. The RX 580 performs on par with or slightly better than the 1060 6GB (and definitely outperforms the GTX 1060 3GB), and is typically priced lower than the 1060 6GB.

I am unfamiliar with what's involved with 3d modelling and game development, but I would definitely skip the Nvidia choices. You get more per Euro with the AMD cards. The only downside is that the AMD cards, when pushed, draw more electricty.

What do you do in Blender? I ask as my personal experience may shed a bit of light and perhaps provide a different perspective for your decision.

I use Blender Cycles to render images. Current PC uses a Ryzen 5 1600 and I upgraded to a GTX 1070 ti after much researching of benchmarks. Standard received knowledge is the GPU is faster for rendering tasks, but I found my Ryzen 5 1600 completes the same image render in two-thirds of the time the GTX 1070 ti takes.

Dissatisfied with this initial test render I downloaded one of the standard benchmarks which confirms the GTX 1070 ti as being faster than my Ryzen 5 1600. But actual images I was producing didn't reflect this at all.

May 29, 2018
What do you do in Blender? I ask as my personal experience may shed a bit of light and perhaps provide a different perspective for your decision.

I use Blender Cycles to render images. Current PC uses a Ryzen 5 1600 and I upgraded to a GTX 1070 ti after much researching of benchmarks. Standard received knowledge is the GPU is faster for rendering tasks, but I found my Ryzen 5 1600 completes the same image render in two-thirds of the time the GTX 1070 ti takes.

Dissatisfied with this initial test render I downloaded one of the standard benchmarks which confirms the GTX 1070 ti as being faster than my Ryzen 5 1600. But actual images I was producing didn't reflect this at all.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer.. as for blender well i kind of want to get into 3d modelling in general rendering definitely i havent really used it before just want to learn how to model i guess? Animation too maybe? i like to draw so maybe make some characters and put them in a game or something.

The Ryzen 5 1600X you're considering will be a fine CPU to start using Blender with. I started with an Athlon x4 760k....

I suspect the RX 580 will be fine for Blender usage too. As I understand it AMD graphics cards have traditionally been quite good with this sort of computational work than Nvidia graphics cards.

Solution
May 29, 2018

Thanks Ill go with that then!!!

Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.