[SOLVED] Which GPU is Best for AMD 5 1600

Oct 4, 2019
Can Anyone help me out in Choosing A Best GPU for AMD 5 1600, i will be using this Build for Video Editing and Content Creation. Not for Games
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Asus Rog Strix B450-E Mobo
Corsair RAM DDR4 16GB
GPU ??????
System Application Strictly for Content Creation
Please Suggest Best GPU
thankyou

Solution
Premier is MAINLY CPU dependent, so what graphics card you have so long as it is moderately capable and supports OpenGL, is not nearly as important as having a very capable processor.

So is After effects. None of them use CUDA, AND, all of them use the CPU resources more than they do those from the graphics card although Photoshop will absolutely use some of both and will accelerate projects using graphics card cycles so having a moderately capable graphics card is not a bad idea ever when Photoshop will be used.

Overall though, ANY graphics card from mid tier and up should be fine for what you are doing if those are the only primary applications that you will be using.
Oct 4, 2019
Thankyou for ur Reply.
Budget for GPU is within 15000 INR
AM from INDIA
I have Corsair Carbide Series 300R ATX Compatibility
I have Corsair CX 650W PSU

Just looking for best suggestion in choosing GPU with AMD R 1600

The best bang for you buck card in your region is almost certainly going to be the RX 580, but depending on the applications you are running and whether this is something that you are doing at the professional level or just as a hobby, you might want something with CUDA capability in which case a GTX 1660 TI or RTX 2060 might be the better choices.

Much probably depends on WHERE you can buy it from and what your budget is. Budget in inr is easier.

Reactions: john248
Oct 4, 2019
thanks a lot Darkbreeze
the thisng am doing is just for Hobby NOT any professional so in this cas Can i go with RX580 or GTX1660 is relavent choice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which programs are you most likely going to be using?

Honestly, if you were gaming, I'd say the RX 580 is the better choice but for video editing, especially if it's a program that prefers to see CUDA capability, the GTX 1660 might be the better choice. The 1660 supports OpenGL as well as CUDA while the RX 580 ONLY supports OpenGL, no CUDA.

Premier is MAINLY CPU dependent, so what graphics card you have so long as it is moderately capable and supports OpenGL, is not nearly as important as having a very capable processor.

So is After effects. None of them use CUDA, AND, all of them use the CPU resources more than they do those from the graphics card although Photoshop will absolutely use some of both and will accelerate projects using graphics card cycles so having a moderately capable graphics card is not a bad idea ever when Photoshop will be used.

Overall though, ANY graphics card from mid tier and up should be fine for what you are doing if those are the only primary applications that you will be using.

Reactions: john248
Solution