[SOLVED] Which GPU is better? Newegg priced them about the same...

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Solution
The RTX 2060 is notably better performing than the 1660Ti.

Also, the RTX, when I click on the link is showing up as $314.99 after rebate. For $15 extra, or, if it's showing up as the same price for you, between the two, the 2060 is better.

But I would recommend NEITHER of them.

The RX 5600 XT performs better than both of them, and costs less than both of them. Here's PCPartPicker's pricing on that model, sorted by price low-to-high.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=484&sort=price

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
The RTX 2060 is notably better performing than the 1660Ti.

Also, the RTX, when I click on the link is showing up as $314.99 after rebate. For $15 extra, or, if it's showing up as the same price for you, between the two, the 2060 is better.

But I would recommend NEITHER of them.

The RX 5600 XT performs better than both of them, and costs less than both of them. Here's PCPartPicker's pricing on that model, sorted by price low-to-high.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=484&sort=price

Solution

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
The RTX has a coupon code for today bringing it down to 295 (mfg rebate)>

I have never bought AMD anything... mostly out of ignorance on my part.

Considering, is it worth it to return and do all that? Is it a noticeable difference?

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
If your gaming at 1080p I would stay put with your hardware. If you want to game at 2k then it makes sense to sell your 1660Ti and buy the 2060. Other then that I personally would not waiste my money. The 1660Ti as above guru said is obviously a tad bit slower then a 2060 but as I said stick with what you have if you game at 1080p and if you want to game at 2k resolution then do the upgrade and enjoy a smooth experience with frame rates that pretty much will not drop below 60fps in most AAA titles at medium to high settings in game and what not.👽👶🍩🚔💯

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
The RTX has a coupon code for today bringing it down to 295 (mfg rebate)>

I have never bought AMD anything... mostly out of ignorance on my part.

Considering, is it worth it to return and do all that? Is it a noticeable difference?
I guess it depends on how much the restocking fee is, if any, and return shipping.

And, as @Turtle Rig pointed out, it also depends on your monitor.
  • Resolution
  • Refresh rate
  • Does it have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
at 1080p @60Hz, you'd probably be fine with the 1660Ti. Higher resolutions/refresh rates mean your monitor allows you to take advantage of a more powerful video card.

It does also make a difference depending on which games you play - some are extremely demanding on the GPU, others, less so.

That said, if the cost of any RX 5600 XT you might choose, plus the cost of returning the 1660Ti (shipping + restocking fee), still puts you at about net $300 spent, then I'd say do the swap.

TRENDING THREADS