Which GPU is better : R9 280X or GTX 770 ?

Fraxure13

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
I am building my gaming rig. and i am choosing what will i buy. what do you think is best ? ill be playing in BF4, what I like about the R9 is the mantle and on GTX is the ShadowPlay (i like recording my killstreaks) anyway which ever i buy i am gonna either SLI it or CROSSFIRE it

Solution
AMD 280x and mantle because its cheaper, 3gb ddr5 and Matle support.

GTX 770 is more expensive, 2gbDDR5, a lot more expensive with 4gb ddr5. both cards were almost on par with each other, but when matle comes it promised to give a significant boost on gaming so I guess it will beat gtx 770 with only a small margin.

recording softwares and hardwares are there before shadowplay and working properly, Nvdia just enhance it and make it better.

so the wiser choice will be r9 280x IMHO. But you'll never be wrong with either of them.

ohyes247

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
Hard decision, AMD has mantle, But i know SLI is more stable. I think amd fixed issues with frame pacing or whatever its called (haven gone to far into dual card set ups since i cant even afford them) But then again a 280x is just a rebranded 7970 with mantle put into it.

Edit: 280X does have better memory bandwith overall though and its 384 bit and Floating point perfomance is better.

M0kujin

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
AMD 280x and mantle because its cheaper, 3gb ddr5 and Matle support.

GTX 770 is more expensive, 2gbDDR5, a lot more expensive with 4gb ddr5. both cards were almost on par with each other, but when matle comes it promised to give a significant boost on gaming so I guess it will beat gtx 770 with only a small margin.

recording softwares and hardwares are there before shadowplay and working properly, Nvdia just enhance it and make it better.

so the wiser choice will be r9 280x IMHO. But you'll never be wrong with either of them.

Solution