which gpu is better?!!

aschoneveld

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
out of these graphics cards, which one is best for bf4 on ultra and the upcoming titles such as assassins creed unity and farcry4?

I have these gpu in mind.
the Asus Radeon (R9280-DC2T-3GD5) R9 280 3GB GDDR5 DirectCU II for Hardcore Gamers $227
the MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($279.00
or MSI R9 270X Overclocked 4GB GDDR5 Twin-Frozer Cooling $290

and would it be worth paying extra for the MSI R9 280X Overclocked 3GB GDDR5 Twin-Frozer Cooling $329?

or do you suggest any other gpu for up to $280 msy, pccg or mwave and these websites only? im looking for a minimum of 55 fps in bf4 ultra on my build which I can give you if you want. (I will update this if I need)

Solution
I checked those websites.. If strictly staying under that budget, the best card you can get is either the MSI Twin Frozr or ASUS DiretCU II Top (DC2'T').. Both were very good and the difference is that the MSI has more core clock speed but less memory clock speed than the ASUS one.. I would choose the Twin frozr..

aschoneveld

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
fight. lol. can I still get an answer though
what is best gpu under $280 on pccg, msy, mwave or centrecom (please I would really like it it if you briefly checked these websites) but don't feel pressured to do it! (what about playing on high not ultra (my monitor is 60ghz wich I think means It cant go over 60fps if that's helpful)

Get the r9 280x, you'll get smooth fps on ultra with it

that site totally sucks i have played bf4 in ultra at 1080 p with gtx 760 and get 60 + fps .....

bf3-fr.png

That's battlefield 3, in singleplayer... You mentioned bf4.

I checked those websites.. If strictly staying under that budget, the best card you can get is either the MSI Twin Frozr or ASUS DiretCU II Top (DC2'T').. Both were very good and the difference is that the MSI has more core clock speed but less memory clock speed than the ASUS one.. I would choose the Twin frozr..

Solution

aschoneveld

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

(forgot to link last posts to u)
I posted again on the tread where I asked about ram too http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2244005/ram.html#13939205

The MSI has core speeds of base 933 MHZ and boost 1000 MHz.. But the Asus has only less base and boost core clock speeds compared to that MSI (Core clocks are more important than memory clocks, if core clock speeds are same, then compare the memory clock speeds, otherwise, stick with the card with higher core clock always).. As the prices are same, the MSI will be the better value for money & performance.. Also MSI has three option inbuilt which can be choosed by this app:
9seriesgaming_1.png

aschoneveld

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

sorry, I should have spoken that more... bettera
if I want two of the msi gpu does my mobo need to support crossfire or sli?

and if you have extra, extra... extra time, could you check out this link? http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2258268/watts.html

sli is for nvidia gpu and crossfire is for amd the are basically the same just different companies put their own name for it....so if u are buying the r9 seies from amd then the term would be crossfire......and yes you can do that crossfire should not be done in the first place a single stronger card is always better than 2 cards because there are many drawbacks for sli/CF ....

aschoneveld

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

thanks prit87. I will look in to this.... thankyou again :p you are still very helpful!

+1 for this Aschoneveld..

aschoneveld

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

:p yeah