[SOLVED] Which gpu should i buy?

Tejama

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019
I have Intel Core i3 2120 Dual Core 3.3GHz, 8GB ddr3 1333mhz,AsRock, Intel H61, H61M-HVGS mobo and a bit older blueberry's 520w ps.
So the question is what gpu suits this build the best?
btw i need it for gaming and id like to squeeze as much performance out of that build.

Solution
i thought something like this could work
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Q_qJxY6f4

i was thinking about buying a possibly used gpu an gpu that is not from the "new age".
Or to something like the guy from the video. What do you all think?
it will work just fine for single core heavy games like rainbow six siege etc
i wouldent really recomend pubg at 36fps however thats more of a personal thing though.

the area you will have an issue is trying to play NEW games like gears 5 or metro exodus call of duty mw2 etc games that came out 2018 and older shouldent have huge issues you wont get the best fps but they will be playable. multi core heavy games will be laggy however even older ones...
Sep 8, 2019
i could recomend a plethoria of GPUS however with that CPU your gonna get bottlenecked via CPU in almost every scenario possible. minus games like counter strike go.

what is your budget?

Sep 8, 2019
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/2227/IntelR-CoreTM-i3-2120-CPU---330GHz

this is your CPU. No matter what kind of gpu you pair it with your gonna have serious bottleneck issues from your CPU which will not allow your GPU to even perform at half its actual performance. so if you persay got yourself the king of GPUS the 1080ti you would still see extreme frame drops when anything happens on screen due to your CPU

any triple AAA tittle will struggle to play using that cpu unless your playing less intesnive games like league of legends WOW counter strike etc. multi core speed is way to low to play new intensive games smoothly. id recomend a cpu that at least hits 400 in multi core minumum for newer games.

with that being said if your on a low budget look up some new CPUS and GPUS on offerup and letgo you could find a combo of both for extremly cheap vs store price

Tejama

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019
i could recomend a plethoria of GPUS however with that CPU your gonna get bottlenecked via CPU in almost every scenario possible. minus games like counter strike go.

what is your budget?
Well there's no budget(or at least something not above 150$) i just want a gpu that can draw as much performance from the cpu and not to bottleneck or to choose something with as little bottleneck as possible.
Thanks in advance!

Tejama

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019

this is your CPU. No matter what kind of gpu you pair it with your gonna have serious bottleneck issues from your CPU which will not allow your GPU to even perform at half its actual performance. so if you persay got yourself the king of GPUS the 1080ti you would still see extreme frame drops when anything happens on screen due to your CPU

any triple AAA tittle will struggle to play using that cpu unless your playing less intesnive games like league of legends WOW counter strike etc. multi core speed is way to low to play new intensive games smoothly. id recomend a cpu that at least hits 400 in multi core minumum for newer games.

i was thinking about buying a possibly used gpu an gpu that is not from the "new age".

Tejama

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019

with that being said if your on a low budget look up some new CPUS and GPUS on offerup and letgo you could find a combo of both for extremly cheap vs store price
I heard R9 270x works decently with this cpu
and i know that it cannot run newer games great or even at all but lets just imagine that cpu is not to be changed and that we only need to pick an gpu that suit is the best.
Thanks!

Sep 8, 2019

i wouldent really recomend pubg at 36fps however thats more of a personal thing though.

the area you will have an issue is trying to play NEW games like gears 5 or metro exodus call of duty mw2 etc games that came out 2018 and older shouldent have huge issues you wont get the best fps but they will be playable. multi core heavy games will be laggy however even older ones like anno 1701 AD etc.

if your looking to budget extreme go on offerup and letgo and get yourself a AMD rx 590 you can find em used usualy under 110$ and they will have no issue on the games your trying to play.
at price to performance ( there are 590s for 80$ where i live) nothing will beat the FPS to doller value of the 590 at that price.

Solution

Tejama

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019

the area you will have an issue is trying to play NEW games like gears 5 or metro exodus call of duty mw2 etc games that came out 2018 and older shouldent have huge issues you wont get the best fps but they will be playable. multi core heavy games will be laggy however even older ones like anno 1701 AD etc.
yeah my aim is to play no matter the fps i just dont want to be disturbed by fps drops caused by bottleneck

Tejama

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019
I wouldn't go beyond an RX 570, and even that might be too much, for your cpu. It can always be reused later, though. For the price, it is a difficult card to argue against.
570 is too strong for it a friend brought it and we tried it it had fps drops in minecraft due bottleneck and it scored poor 120-130 fps

Sep 8, 2019
570 is too strong for it a friend brought it and we tried it it had fps drops in minecraft due bottleneck and it scored poor 120-130 fps
most gpus will bottle neck due to your cpu. unless you got yourself a really outdated gpu which wouldnt be worth the value. id get yourself a 570-590 used cant beat the price and performance at that price range and in the future when you have some spending cash you can upgrade your CPU and your GPU should perform even better making it a semi future ready buy

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
might as well save up roughly $400-$500 at least and get a new pc than buy a sub par $100-150 card and a new powersupply. it might take months to save up that amount but you would have a far more enjoyable experience.

TRENDING THREADS