Reputable
Apr 1, 2015
Allright, my actual specs:

Mainboard: ASRock 97H Performance,
CPU: i7 4790k 4,0 Ghz,
RAM: 16GB XMP
Power: Seasonic G series 550w 80plus Gold
AND
GPU: GTX 470 - which I'm planning to change.

I was thinking about GTX 970 4GB or 2GB. Problem is my budget is limited now and 4GB is a bit too expensive (still I can manage if there are no alternatives) and I'm wondering which should I pick now to get DX12 support and good performance (Which brand is the best, ASUS, MSI, GIGABYTE, EVGA - not planning to overclock). Well, standard issue here.

Can I get any help please?

Solution
Do not worry much about Vram. It has turned into a marketing race.
It is not a functional issue, but a performance issue.
Here is a report which shows minimal benefit to more than even 2gb of vram.
http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Video-Card-Performance-2GB-vs-4GB-Memory-154/

The guts of all GTX970 cards come from the same source, namely Nvidia.
The cards differ mainly in the coolers which are mostly marketing and the level of factory overclock.
There is really not much performance differentiation.
Check the boost clocks if you wish to compare.
I like the guaranteed factory overclocked versions. The small price premium gets you a better binned chip and a factory guarantee.

I like EVGA for their USA based support and forums.
You can't get the 970 with 2GB of VRAM, as far as I know - only 4GB.

With your setup, a 970 is called for. If you can't afford it get a 960. But with your setup, I highly recomend a 970, your CPU and PSU will be able to handle any graphics card. If you want to do multiple GPU's you going to need a bigger PSU, however it does not sound like you're taking that route, thus a single 970 would be a perfect choice, and an incredible upgrade from a 470.

Do not worry much about Vram. It has turned into a marketing race.
It is not a functional issue, but a performance issue.
Here is a report which shows minimal benefit to more than even 2gb of vram.
http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Video-Card-Performance-2GB-vs-4GB-Memory-154/

The guts of all GTX970 cards come from the same source, namely Nvidia.
The cards differ mainly in the coolers which are mostly marketing and the level of factory overclock.
There is really not much performance differentiation.
Check the boost clocks if you wish to compare.
I like the guaranteed factory overclocked versions. The small price premium gets you a better binned chip and a factory guarantee.

I like EVGA for their USA based support and forums.

Solution