[SOLVED] Which GPU should I choose?

Dec 20, 2020
I want to buy a new gpu my specs rn are
mb: aorus b450 m
psu: sharkoon bronze 600 watt
ram: 3200mhz 16gb
gpu: rx580

I wan't to choose between these 4 cards
  • msi geforce rtx 3060 (triple fan) (850$)
  • evga rtx 3060 gaming (750$)
  • Asus tuf rtx 3060 (800$)
  • Inno3d rtx 3060 elite (800$)
Let me know what you think is the best choise for my pc right now

Solution
Can't go wrong with any of the top 3 brands on that list, the triple fan one might provide a little more cooling and thus stability when fully utilizing your GPU on high sustained loads, but in terms of performance they should all perform within the same margins. I wouldn't stress out which one is best for your rig, just choose whichever best suits your rig style.

You also want to take customer service into account as well, EVGA I hear has the best customer service of the bunch, but that doesn't mean MSI or Asus are lacking in that field.

As for Inno, it's a reputable brand but I don't personally know it that well, so I can't say much about it.
Can't go wrong with any of the top 3 brands on that list, the triple fan one might provide a little more cooling and thus stability when fully utilizing your GPU on high sustained loads, but in terms of performance they should all perform within the same margins. I wouldn't stress out which one is best for your rig, just choose whichever best suits your rig style.

You also want to take customer service into account as well, EVGA I hear has the best customer service of the bunch, but that doesn't mean MSI or Asus are lacking in that field.

As for Inno, it's a reputable brand but I don't personally know it that well, so I can't say much about it.

Solution
Dec 20, 2020

Hey I play fortnite on a competitive level for money etc do you think one of these will be beter for that type of game

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What CPU do you have installed?

Given inflated prices of GPUs, it might be advisable to wait until market conditions improve. Just something to consider.

From an on-line game perspective, I wouldn't expect a major difference in performance between your current RX580 and a new (expensive) 3060.

Hey I play fortnite on a competitive level for money etc do you think one of these will be beter for that type of game

No, they will all perform the same. Different models of the same GPU (3060) will not give you 10% more performance or some magic boost. The only difference between them is their cooling and board design. There would only be a 1% difference at the most between either of them.

As for how well a 3060 does on Fortnite:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyCYzwSbWZM

RagedAPE

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
if you're playing at a competitive level then you need to get the best cpu you can afford and then look at the gpu since you will be most likely playing on 1080p low settings. What monitor are you using 144hz is minimum for competitive level, I think only 1 pro uses a 60hz monitor out of hundreds and the rest are using 144hz or 240hz, some even have moved to the 360hz. The 3060 is a good card and will work for competitive level but I would personally aim for at least a 3070.

Dec 20, 2020
if you're playing at a competitive level then you need to get the best cpu you can afford and then look at the gpu since you will be most likely playing on 1080p low settings. What monitor are you using 144hz is minimum for competitive level, I think only 1 pro uses a 60hz monitor out of hundreds and the rest are using 144hz or 240hz, some even have moved to the 360hz. The 3060 is a good card and will work for competitive level but I would personally aim for at least a 3070.
Hey I know fortnite is a cpu based game but my gpu is underpreforming and the drivers are very bad so far. My screen is 144hz I have a lot of hours in the game rn but the main problem is the consistency of my fps and I hope this will fix that

Dec 20, 2020
What CPU do you have installed?

Given inflated prices of GPUs, it might be advisable to wait until market conditions improve. Just something to consider.

From a game perspective, I wouldn't expect a major difference in performance between your current RX580 and a new (expensive) 3060.
I have waited a very long time but the prices have not changed a lot and the tournaments are still going on so i kinda have to buy something rn

TRENDING THREADS