Question Which GPU should I take for the most FPS

Jun 15, 2019
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.30GHz
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
GPU: 1024 MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 series (Sapphire / PCPartner)
SSD: SAMSUNG SSD 830 series of 119 GB (SSD)
Hard drive: 931 GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA)
Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 (MS-7681) (SOCKET 0)

These are the specs of my PC, and I get very low FPS with most games. For example at Fortnite I get 10-30 FPS with all settings on low, so just bad.

Now I can say that it is 99% because this bad GPU am i right?. So I have to buy a new video card right? If you have other suggestion for me to get more FPS/ better performance please let me also know that.

My budget is € 500 and I am also just willing to purchase a used GPU.
Now I searched the internet a bit and I am interested in the NVIDIA Gtx 1080, but I found very little about it, what I only found was the GPU’s with the brand Gigabyte, MSI. Then let me ask my questions: Which GPU should I purchase? Which brand is the best? What are the differences between the different brands of 1080?

Jun 15, 2019
AIB's is more preference than performance and if you have the money for a 1080 go for it! if you are squeezing too much money you could get a GTX 1070

-Oke, I am dont know much so what is AIB's
-So it will help me getting better perfomance if I put a better GPU right, some people said my system with I5 would not be able to benefit from a 1080 for example
-And i can not find a Nvidia 1080 but only Gigabyte or Msi what is the difference betweens all those 1080 with different brands and which one is the best

-Oke, I am dont know much so what is AIB's
-So it will help me getting better perfomance if I put a better GPU right, some people said my system with I5 would not be able to benefit from a 1080 for example
-And i can not find a Nvidia 1080 but only Gigabyte or Msi what is the difference betweens all those 1080 with different brands and which one is the best
AIB = Brands and like I said both of them will do just fine and I mean I like to research when answering questions to give the best answer possible and many people have had the same CPU and been fine with a 1080 you may experience CPU bottleneck in some games but it shouldn't be TOO bad maybe a few frames lost or a little more hard to say (if you don't know a CPU bottleneck means the CPU is holding back your GPU)