I have a pretty much monster of a machine here are my specs:

Intel Core i7-3770k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 Ram
1TB WD HDD
256GB OS/Few Games SSD - Crucial M4
650 Watt Corsair PSU
NZXT Phantom Case

No GPU yet.. only intel hd graphics 4000.. Which should I buy? I am pretty tight on money atm. Should I keep saving up until next august (my bday) for a Radeon 7870, or will a 650 Ti satisfy my needs?

This is what i do:

Some Minecraft, Some WoW, some MW3 (usually not high settings).

Or since this is all I do should I just stick with the Intel HD Graphics 4000?

And any other suggestions for cards are great. I built the WHOLE COMPUTER with sales from black friday totalling to ONLY $675. So I am not that rich and I am spending a lot on a keyboard gamepad and mouse soon, so what should I Get?

Thanks Guys!

EDIT: BTW MY RESOLUTION IS 1600X900

Alc4traz

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
I would recommend to go with a used car to begin since X-Mas is over and a lot of people got themselves an GPU upgrade for the Xmas money and they will throw their old card on the market.

With your gaming needs I recommend to go by power draw in order to keep the energy bill low and to allow some head room for the PSU. Also noise is probably an issue you run into with a high performance model (lots of performance = lots of power draw = lots of heat = lots of noise).

Once you find a model in the TH chart here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/charts/2011-gaming-graphics-charts/3D-Power-Draw,2678.html

check the price on the used market (ebay) and make sure the seller on ebay allows a return.

Those are my 5 cents.

Al

TRENDING THREADS