Question Which GPU to keep for UE VR development, asset creation etc ? 3060 or 3060TI ?

coraldragon

Prominent
Sep 25, 2021
I have the following PC spec:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Adata DDR4 3200 2x16GB
WD Black SN750 NVMe PCIe M.2 2TB
Seasonic CORE-GC-650

The GPU that came with the build is a Palit GeForce RTX 3060 StormX 12GB. However, I have been given a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition and I'm wondering whether I should swap to that card and sell my Palit 3060.

I will be using my PC for starting development with Unreal Engine (as a student) and likely using Substance, Zbrush and possibly Maya alongside. Gaming-wise, I don't really play anything too demanding (mainly sims), but I do have a Quest which I would like to be able to stream VR games to from my computer, if possible.

As value for money isn't in question here as I have them both, which would you pick to keep based on my requirements?

Cheers!

coraldragon

Prominent
Sep 25, 2021
Thanks. Is that even with the VRAM being more in the plain 3060? Does the boost from the TI's better performance negate the need for the extra VRAM? I can't imagine I'll be building anything super demanding like 4k movies etc, just simple gaming environments, so I'm guessing so.