which gpu will support 3 monitors

buildmypc

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
i am wondering what gpu will support 3 monitors, becaues i was planning to get a asus directcu2 gtx 660 but someone told me if i use 3 monitors the quality will be on low with crysis 3 and on mmy other thread someone told me it can have high or very high quality so im just looking for a gpu that will give me the same performance but still have 3 monitors

Solution
if you want nvidia surround on high settings with solid fps, I would reccommend getting the best there is. If you are committed to a single card solution, you should really only consider a gtx 780ti or amd r9 290x. TBH, you probably still wont be able to get solid fps with 3 monitors unless its a lower quality game. For a game like crysis 3 - 2 780ti's in SLI would barely net you 60fps in nv-surround.

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hey,

The Gtx660 will support triple monitors however don't expect to be running Crysis 3 maxed out :D Most of the Gtx600 series and above support up to 4 monitors, and their AMD equivalents also support multiple monitors. If you want to play a game like Crysis on three monitors with higher settings then you need a better card, or even a dual card solution. It all depends on what resolution and settings you plan on gaming at.

What is your budget? Also what resolution are your three monitors?

Hope this helps!

buildmypc

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013

i dont have a budget but any card that can play the game on high with acceptable fps with three monitors will be fine just tell the card

buildmypc

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013

if i need more power what card will you recomend

sam80jr

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
if you want nvidia surround on high settings with solid fps, I would reccommend getting the best there is. If you are committed to a single card solution, you should really only consider a gtx 780ti or amd r9 290x. TBH, you probably still wont be able to get solid fps with 3 monitors unless its a lower quality game. For a game like crysis 3 - 2 780ti's in SLI would barely net you 60fps in nv-surround.

Solution

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Gtx780ti's are very expensive, and in games like Crysis 3 they still might not be able to max out on triple monitors. As for the R290x, the R290 (without the x) performs almost identically and costs over $100 less. If you are really set on triple monitors whats your budget?

TRENDING THREADS