Which gpu would have better cooling performace

Aug 21, 2018
I have 6 fans, 2 front and 1 bottom intake, 2 top exhaust and 1 rear exhaust (is this airflow config good any feedback would be great). But more to the point gaming x trio vs rog strix (both gtx 1080 tis) which gpu has better cooling or better consistent cooling keeping it cool under 65 degree c.

Lutfij

Titan
That question is dependent on some factors, like ambient air temps, the air flow in you case and what sort of details/taxation you have on your GPU(any overclocks). Each company will have their own marketing team tout why their card is better and which is cooler but at the end of the day, they are near each other by a few degrees, like 2-4 Deg C. There are cases in the market that can allow you to slap on 12 fans (give or take) but they don't do squat for improving airflow or heat dissipation.

What I'm asking for, is a list of your current specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU?

Both cards are good regardless of which one you pick.

gpus can heat up similary, theres mostly difference just in how loud it can get
otherwise more overclocking headroom gpu has, more heat ull get (ie gpu with 2x 6pin pcie connectors will not heat as much as 2x 8pin version as it wont have enough juice to push it past its limits xD)

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

yeah assuming all the intakes have dust filter.

Yeah the Gaming X trio looks to be slightly better, but I wouldnt pay much more for it if its more expensive.