[SOLVED] Which GPU would you recommend for Video Editing ?

May 17, 2023
So basicly my AMD radeon RX 570 is getting a bit too old now to handle vfx and games at higher settings so I've been wondering which gpu to buy but my main focus is video editing and NOT gaming. I've been considering to buy a mid range gpu something like RX 6700/RTX 4060/RTX 3060/RTX 3060 TI. I think I should go with NVIDIA but IDK if these new radeon cards are good. I did some research and some say radeons are good and some say bad so I wanted to go with NVIDIA. Also I am not editing 8k videos or something like that but I will sometimes edit heavy vids. So can someone give me an opinion on which gpu to buy and if there are any other than what I named please tell me. Thanks :)

PC specs that matter here:

CPU: i5 10400
RAM: 16 GB 3200 mhz (2666 cause of MBO)
PSU: Be quiet! System Power 9 600 w
MOBO: MSI B460M PRO VDH WIFI

Solution
It depends on what you use. In the past, I would've always recommended a GeForce card for video editing but apparently that's no longer a must as I've seen several YouTube videos showing how video editing is very easily done with both GeForce and Radeon cards. Many YouTube content creators have switched to AMD or have tried using them for video editing. In the cases that I've seen, the Radeon card didn't bring them any hassles.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I don't do much video editing (the odd cut here and there but that's it). I'm only going by what YouTubers have said because that's what they do.

Here's a video from Vex in which he shows himself editing with his first-ever Radeon card, an RX 6700. It's pretty...
So basicly my AMD radeon RX 570 is getting a bit too old now to handle vfx and games at higher settings so I've been wondering which gpu to buy but my main focus is video editing and NOT gaming. I've been considering to buy a mid range gpu something like RX 6700/RTX 4060/RTX 3060/RTX 3060 TI. I think I should go with NVIDIA but IDK if these new radeon cards are good. I did some research and some say radeons are good and some say bad so I wanted to go with NVIDIA. Also I am not editing 8k videos or something like that but I will sometimes edit heavy vids. So can someone give me an opinion on which gpu to buy and if there are any other than what I named please tell me. Thanks :)

PC specs that matter here:

CPU: i5 10400
RAM: 16 GB 3200 mhz (2666 cause of MBO)
PSU: Be quiet! System Power 9 600 w
MBO: MSI B460M PRO VDH WIFI
Depends on SW used for editing, most use CPU and RAM as primary work and graphic system (including monitor) has to be enough to display given resolution.

Olivia Simmons

Prominent
May 30, 2022
A well-performing GPU can greatly impact the speed and quality of your video editing work. Try the following GPUs for video editing.
1. Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
2. Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Ti
3. Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090
4. Nvidia RTX 3060
5. AMD Radeon RX 550
While these GPUs may align with your preferences, I believe that the genuine quality of something, whether it's good or bad, often becomes apparent only through personal firsthand experience.

It depends on what you use. In the past, I would've always recommended a GeForce card for video editing but apparently that's no longer a must as I've seen several YouTube videos showing how video editing is very easily done with both GeForce and Radeon cards. Many YouTube content creators have switched to AMD or have tried using them for video editing. In the cases that I've seen, the Radeon card didn't bring them any hassles.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I don't do much video editing (the odd cut here and there but that's it). I'm only going by what YouTubers have said because that's what they do.

Here's a video from Vex in which he shows himself editing with his first-ever Radeon card, an RX 6700. It's pretty short but you can see that he has no issues with it:

Solution

PH-Bench

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
When comparing some of the current models, could someone advise and suggest what is needed when choosing between retail brand cards? I am looking at the RTX 4090 and the RTX 4080. My question is, for editing and creating content in Adobe Premier, After Effects, and Photoshop. Does the RAM difference matter? I see the jump in DDR6 RAM is higher in the RTX 4090. However, it has been suggested to me that that will not matter much in video editing. I also see both models of cards come with an overclocking option. Do I need to be concerned with overclocking for work like video editing?