Question Which GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2019
Hello everyone so i wanted to do some gaming and i just wanna know what is the best gpu that i can get for these specs that is compatible with em

cpu : intel i7-3370k

psu : Thermaltake litepower 650W

motherboard: msi h61m p20 g3

8gigs of ram

if there's no good gpu compatible with that motherboard what should i get as a new motherboard and if i do , do i need a bigger case or smth?

A GPU is a GPU. that board will have PCIE 3 so bandwidth isn't an issue. Question is what is sensible with that CPU and your budget. No point getting a 2080Ti with an old quad core and neither is a 1030 a good buy. Tell us the budget and what you want to do with it.

Jun 9, 2019
A GPU is a GPU. that board will have PCIE 3 so bandwidth isn't an issue. Question is what is sensible with that CPU and your budget. No point getting a 2080Ti with an old quad core and neither is a 1030 a good buy. Tell us the budget and what you want to do with it.
i don't have any budget limit but im not looking to change anything atm i just want to add to it a gpu and was thinking maybe a 1050 ti or smth like that as you can see idk much about pc parts so im not going for max performance like 2080ti that you mentioned

Well you could get better performance with a platform upgrade to a modern Intel platform or better yet Ryzen (though I'd wait until next month for that) But you'd need a new board and likely RAM too.

Do you mean the 3770K? If so I'd probably go with nothing higher than a 1660Ti for about £250-300. Failing that a 1660 for around 200 or a RX 580 8GB for under 200 would also be good buys.

Status
Not open for further replies.