Which GPUs crossfire with the AMD A10 7850k APU?

Solution
it's called dual graphics... as to what can; supposedly any r7 gpu will work...

that said the best results are apparently with the r7-250... which apparently is the closest gpu in performance to the on-board graphics. That said with the faster the ram you can get ahold of the better it will dual graphics with the stronger cards in the r7 family. In theory the closest GPU around to the onboard graphics is the hd 7770... which on paper has the same statistics... so it SHOULD dual graphics just fine with the a10-7850k. That said the gddr5 ram on the 7770 makes the 7770 almost 40% faster in benches... so as i said before the closest match is likely the r7-250

the previous poster is right, it will dual graphics with the r7-240...
it's called dual graphics... as to what can; supposedly any r7 gpu will work...

that said the best results are apparently with the r7-250... which apparently is the closest gpu in performance to the on-board graphics. That said with the faster the ram you can get ahold of the better it will dual graphics with the stronger cards in the r7 family. In theory the closest GPU around to the onboard graphics is the hd 7770... which on paper has the same statistics... so it SHOULD dual graphics just fine with the a10-7850k. That said the gddr5 ram on the 7770 makes the 7770 almost 40% faster in benches... so as i said before the closest match is likely the r7-250

the previous poster is right, it will dual graphics with the r7-240... that said the better match is the r7-250 or a hd 7750.

Solution

Gfan

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014

Hi, I have just done this using an R7 250 2GB DDR3 with the A10-7850k I first plugged direct into the GPU via HDMI and then changed the settings on the motherboard to choose on-board graphics. Once done swapped back to the HDMI port in the motherboard and rebooted. Catylist saw the card straight away and put into dual graphics mode automatically. For such a cheap graphics card I wasn't expecting too much in gains but the performance increase is fantastic (Tomb Raider went from avg 30.7fps upto 53.4fps using dual graphics on 1080p low settings using the benchmark tool) G

Andromache

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014

What version of Catalyst were you using? I'm using the 14.2 v1.3 Beta and it doesn't have the option for either 'Dual-Graphics' or 'Crossfire'.

Gfan

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014

Hi I'm using 14.1 beta which I had installed before I added the card and it found it straight away, it added the dual graphics option under the video games tab. I've not used the later 14.2 Beta as all is working pretty good as it stands.
Thanks