Which graphic card is the best for me and how much?

Britannia Man

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
8g8ofeqf

This is the specifications of my motherboard, I then went onto a website about it and specifications and it says the following; 1 x PCIe 1.0 x16 - 2 x PCI (v2.3, 32-bit) - so I understand I use PCI or PCIe graphics cards not AMD ones.

However, which one should I get that will play most decent games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Train Simulator 2013 and so on... can I play these games with my computer?

Thank you.

I also will be buying a bigger PSU to a 600w.

swilczak

Distinguished
You would definitely need a PCI express x16 card. Playing games like COD and BF would require a good processor. What does your system have? You might also need a power supply upgrade if you want a high end graphics card.

Britannia Man

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013

Okay so I'll get a PCI express x16 card.

It has a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz, 3203 MHz 2 Core(s) 2 Log...

Is a 600W PSU enough or more?

swilczak

Distinguished

You are just above the minimum specs for running the most recent call of duty games. It should run okay with the right graphics card, but may be a little difficult to play because you would experience drops in frames per second due to the lack of processing power. Your power supply sounds big enough. I would recommend an AMD radeon 7770 gpu or a nvidia gtx 650. You may also may want to consider a CPU upgrade, maybe to a core 2 quad if your bios supports it.

Britannia Man

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
I was looking at around £60-100 for the card, I don't want it to be top notch just decent enough to play well.

How much will a CPU cost me? What are decent ones?

I will upgrade my PSU as well to 600W as I've said so that won't be a problem.

swilczak

Distinguished

The cards that I mentioned are in that price range and they aren't top notch, they are mid range but work great because they are newer technology. You would have to get your motherboard model or your PC model and do some research online to see what type of CPU your motherboard and bios version will support. You can get a core 2 quad on ebay for around $60 USD.

timil

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
I think youre mistaking the term pci for a brand of video card. Pci is the slot the video card goes in. If youre buying a new video card you will either end up with an amd or nvidia card.

xenot7

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
What timil said is correct, the PCIe x16 is just the slot for the graphics card. So, you are using intergrated graphics now right (or not)? And btw what's the brand of the PSU you're getting. good psu manufacturers are like XFX, corsair, seasonic, antech, silverstone. BTW good graphics cards for your budget are the HD7770 and GTX 650ti, if you can still find HD6850 cards then the HD6850 would also be good.