[SOLVED] Which Graphic Card should I get? Or even Should I get one?

Jan 21, 2019
Really this is about the whole I dont understand how to calculate the power requirements and what not, I want to know If I can get a graphics card with the power supply I have and what should I get if I can, Also would like to state that I bought this browsing PC of Wish.com, just for filler till I get the gaming pc up to boot when I save up the money, WHEN is the key word here. Im looking for play CSGO, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and FighterZ, reality im not looking to play the high demanding games. (also yet)

Specs:

Ram: 4gb

Core: Intel Celeron GPU G3930 2.90 GHz

Graphics: Integrated Graphics 610 HD

Power Supply: (the real confusing part because I don't know what to put for it too matter) 80 plus bronze, Max Power 180W or Total power 70W

SIncerely,

Gabe

Solution
Ah, the "total" is the combined 3.3v and 5v rails - not much of a concern.

15A on the 12V rail = 180W. Max total output of that unit (supposedly) is 100% of the 12V.

If you stuck to a ~75W TDP card (or less), you should be fine.... Something like a GT 1030 would probably be a solid enough pairing with it though - the G3930 really isn't particularly strong.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Ah, the "total" is the combined 3.3v and 5v rails - not much of a concern.

15A on the 12V rail = 180W. Max total output of that unit (supposedly) is 100% of the 12V.

If you stuck to a ~75W TDP card (or less), you should be fine.... Something like a GT 1030 would probably be a solid enough pairing with it though - the G3930 really isn't particularly strong.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

You're asking about power from the PSU to the GPU?
Most low end cards like what you would be considering don't need that. They get their power directly from the PCIe slot.

If you're asking about something else, please elucidate.