[SOLVED] Which graphics card can I put there?

Aug 29, 2019
I wanna put a rx 560 in LENOVO Ideacenter 510-15ICB (oem computer, search for it) and i don't know if the power supply supports it. Hope someone can help me.

Solution
If it is the model I found it actually boasts 174W on the 12V rail. So they didn't mislabel it.

Not something I would risk myself. Either it can't handle it or the PSU will live a very short life and burn out. Possibly taking things with it.

Something like a GT1030 or RX550 would be safer and get you better graphics performance than the i5-7400 offers.

If you still wanted the RX560, at least track down the 210W power supply for that system.

If you have enough money, and you plan on doing more PC customizations, it would be a good time to consider replacing the chassis, power supply, and motherboard (And the OS too) You could keep the CPU, memory, and storage. But in some regards there is more value in selling that system as is and...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That depends on what yours has in it. Comes in several variants. You will need to look for the label on the power supply.

You should see 12V, 5V, and 3.3V total wattage outputs.

Most RX560 should be 75W maximum, however, you will want to check if the power supply has an available 6-pin PCIe power connector. If it does, you can certainly put in a GPU.

Typically you will want at least a 300W 12V wattage for a low end GPU.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
What CPU option do you have? A G4900 is a lot different than an i7-8700. Is this your computer? (Looks like a TFX PSU in there?)

The reason Eximo was asking for the +12V amperage or wattage is that even if you have the 210W PSU, it probably doesn't achieve that full wattage on the +12V rail(s) where it counts. Conversely, all decent aftermarket PSUs get their full advertised wattage on the +12V rail which is what feeds pretty much all the important power-hungry hardware.

Interestingly, according to the options list Lenovo is apparently comfortable putting an RX560 in (presumably the 210W option)....that's... courageous

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Messiah.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If it is the model I found it actually boasts 174W on the 12V rail. So they didn't mislabel it.

Not something I would risk myself. Either it can't handle it or the PSU will live a very short life and burn out. Possibly taking things with it.

Something like a GT1030 or RX550 would be safer and get you better graphics performance than the i5-7400 offers.

If you still wanted the RX560, at least track down the 210W power supply for that system.

If you have enough money, and you plan on doing more PC customizations, it would be a good time to consider replacing the chassis, power supply, and motherboard (And the OS too) You could keep the CPU, memory, and storage. But in some regards there is more value in selling that system as is and starting from scratch. You will lose a bit, but getting stuck by OEM proprietary stuff is the worst part about off the shelf computers.

Solution
Aug 29, 2019
But I have a friend selling me a rx 560 for 50€, that's a really low price, so what should I do for now? Should I buy the rx560 and a new power supply or just stay with this really bad gt 730?

Oh for real! That's actually really good for you then! It's a standard "ATX" power supply. We still have to worry about the potential need for an adapter to connect to the non- standard motherboard, but I'm sure we can manage that.

Are you able to link/ share a pic of the inside of YOUR tower?

This one? That's the same width and height as the "TFX" one I linked earlier.

Can you just measure the width x height x length (length as it measures from front to back direction of your case) of your PSU? That would make this a lot easier since we can't get any pictures.

Looks like this is the 24pin to 10pin adapter you'll need. (many other brands, that's just an example)
413sKLAWFDL.jpg

Last edited: