[SOLVED] Which Graphics Card is best for Intel E8400 with lenovo branded intel g41 MBD

Aug 26, 2020
Hey Geeks Out there, i need your help,

1.I am having intel G41 Motherboard (Nov/2011) Lenovo Branding over there and Intel_Pentium_Dual-Core_E8400 3.00ghz 6MB cache Processor, with 3 GB Ram
I Need to install Graphics card in this system can you please guide and also provide links for used Graphics card.

Thanks in Advance

Solution
With those kind of specs you'll have a bad time doing any of the above.
A Core 2 Duo from 2008 won't cut it these days... even for some basic tasks.
In my opinion trying to upgrade this rig is simply a waste of money nowadays. Aside from the performance, you're missing out on many "remotely" modern features.

I'm guessing you're on a low budget, but you can still get something decent compared to what you have now.
I'll suggest you going on the second hand market and finding an I7 3770 or even an I7 2600 machine... there are plenty of used Lenovo ThinkCentres and Dell Optiplexes on there.

Purely based on the things said above, I just wouldn't waste my money on upgrading a GPU in that Lenovo prebuilt(which also has most likely an ancient...
Aug 26, 2020
Requirements are :
  1. Some Medium level Gaming
  2. Video Editing
    _lenovo_3000_h220_lig41m3____g41_m3_ddr3__cpu_1539537076_2277198c_progressive.jpg

images

Images are taken from google but the product is same.

One more Question is there,
issue is coming in ram too.
My old Tower has E5500 and 6 Gb's Of Ram 4gb + 2gb
as i shifted to E8400 only two ram sticks that is previous old one are working and i left with only 3 Gb. Solution for this problem too

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
With those kind of specs you'll have a bad time doing any of the above.
A Core 2 Duo from 2008 won't cut it these days... even for some basic tasks.
In my opinion trying to upgrade this rig is simply a waste of money nowadays. Aside from the performance, you're missing out on many "remotely" modern features.

I'm guessing you're on a low budget, but you can still get something decent compared to what you have now.
I'll suggest you going on the second hand market and finding an I7 3770 or even an I7 2600 machine... there are plenty of used Lenovo ThinkCentres and Dell Optiplexes on there.

Purely based on the things said above, I just wouldn't waste my money on upgrading a GPU in that Lenovo prebuilt(which also has most likely an ancient PSU). My advice is to save up and atleast get an I7 2nd/3rd gen machine as they run really cheap these days.

Solution