Which Graphics card would you get ?

I'm long gone a kid, I'm in my later 50's, so no real fast games, but I
love working with graphic's and have a 19 inch lcd monitor, and DV camcorder
which I run in with Pinnace V 9 and then Burn to DVD.

I'm using a Old ATI All in Wonder 2x (don't use the TV tuner), and am going
the AMD asus 64 bit AMD 3500 CPU, the Board I have coming is the K8v Deluxe
I'm putting it together myself and setting it up, as I did for all of MY
personal computers so far.

Thanks

All In and Out Virus Scanned

I would get a card with a DVI and an analog output, also
S-Video, you might as well get a card with TV-In/Out to
handle your analog TV needs.
For graphics, such as drawing 2 and 3 D your CPU and memory
will be as important as the graphics card. The AMD 64
should handle that just fine.

If you are buying all new, look at PCI Express mobo and
graphics cards.

SATA drives.

"Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
| I'm long gone a kid, I'm in my later 50's, so no real
fast games, but I
| love working with graphic's and have a 19 inch lcd
monitor, and DV camcorder
| which I run in with Pinnace V 9 and then Burn to DVD.
|
| I'm using a Old ATI All in Wonder 2x (don't use the TV
tuner), and am going
| the AMD asus 64 bit AMD 3500 CPU, the Board I have coming
is the K8v Deluxe
| I'm putting it together myself and setting it up, as I did
for all of MY
| personal computers so far.
|
| Thanks
|

| --
| ------------------------------------------
| All In and Out Virus Scanned

How is the GEForce card ?

"Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
> I'm long gone a kid, I'm in my later 50's, so no real fast games, but I
> love working with graphic's and have a 19 inch lcd monitor, and DV camcorder
> which I run in with Pinnace V 9 and then Burn to DVD.
>
> I'm using a Old ATI All in Wonder 2x (don't use the TV tuner), and am going
> the AMD asus 64 bit AMD 3500 CPU, the Board I have coming is the K8v Deluxe
> I'm putting it together myself and setting it up, as I did for all of MY
> personal computers so far.
>
> Thanks

> All In and Out Virus Scanned

I would het a dual head card... I cannot work with less than 2 monitors

Mine is an Ati 9000, works well

"Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
> I'm long gone a kid, I'm in my later 50's, so no real fast games, but I
> love working with graphic's and have a 19 inch lcd monitor, and DV
> camcorder which I run in with Pinnace V 9 and then Burn to DVD.
>
> I'm using a Old ATI All in Wonder 2x (don't use the TV tuner), and am
> going the AMD asus 64 bit AMD 3500 CPU, the Board I have coming is the K8v
> Deluxe I'm putting it together myself and setting it up, as I did for all
> of MY personal computers so far.
>
> Thanks

> All In and Out Virus Scanned

Thanks for the input.

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>I would het a dual head card... I cannot work with less than 2 monitors
>
> Mine is an Ati 9000, works well
>

> "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
>> I'm long gone a kid, I'm in my later 50's, so no real fast games, but I
>> love working with graphic's and have a 19 inch lcd monitor, and DV
>> camcorder which I run in with Pinnace V 9 and then Burn to DVD.
>>
>> I'm using a Old ATI All in Wonder 2x (don't use the TV tuner), and am going
>> the AMD asus 64 bit AMD 3500 CPU, the Board I have coming is the K8v Deluxe
>> I'm putting it together myself and setting it up, as I did for all of MY
>> personal computers so far.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> --
>> All In and Out Virus Scanned

"Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
> I'm long gone a kid, I'm in my later 50's, so no real fast games, but
> love working with graphic's and have a 19 inch lcd monitor, and DV
camcorder
> which I run in with Pinnace V 9 and then Burn to DVD.
>
> I'm using a Old ATI All in Wonder 2x (don't use the TV tuner), and am
going
> the AMD asus 64 bit AMD 3500 CPU, the Board I have coming is the K8v
Deluxe
> I'm putting it together myself and setting it up, as I did for all of MY
> personal computers so far.
>
> Thanks

> All In and Out Virus Scanned

The ATI All-in-Wonder 9600 (non XT) can be had for about $150. $185 for the
XT.

ATI 9800 XT is a very good card. Any of the ATI products from the 9600
series up are very good cards.

Bobby

"Rube" <dont@spam.me> wrote in message

> "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
>> I'm long gone a kid, I'm in my later 50's, so no real fast games, but
>> love working with graphic's and have a 19 inch lcd monitor, and DV
> camcorder
>> which I run in with Pinnace V 9 and then Burn to DVD.
>>
>> I'm using a Old ATI All in Wonder 2x (don't use the TV tuner), and am
> going
>> the AMD asus 64 bit AMD 3500 CPU, the Board I have coming is the K8v
> Deluxe
>> I'm putting it together myself and setting it up, as I did for all of MY
>> personal computers so far.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> --
>> All In and Out Virus Scanned
>>

> The ATI All-in-Wonder 9600 (non XT) can be had for about $150. $185 for
> the
> XT.

The 9800 XT is also $400! lol
Better yet, get the 9800 Pro 256 & flash it with the XT bios. The current
models are built on the same R360 core. Voids the warranty but saves $150
($25 of which you can spend on a high end video card hsf.)