Which GTX 1060 3GB to buy? 2018

semihslime74

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
Greetings,

My GTX 970 is dead and not working anymore and I decided to buy a new GTX 1060 3GB but there are lot of different brands and each brand have different models of the same Graphic card.

I know this question asked before but I am really confused right now because there are even newer versions of 1060, I thought it's best to get help from professionals.

I don't want to spend a lot of money.

I use PC mostly to play games but I don't force my PC for high-end games at Ultra settings. I don't think I will use OverClock a lot, maybe in the future I will do...

There are single fan ones OC ones different brands and mini ones.

I want to know which one would be best for me without going too much at money.

Sorry if I did mistakes, my English is not so good.

My PC Specs are;

Intel i7-4790K,
ASUS Z97-A Motherboard,
EVGA 750W PSU,
16 GB (2x8) Corsair vengeance 1666 Mhz RAM,
Hyper 212 Evo (something like this),
CM FORCE 500 PC Case with some extra fans.

I have enough room to place GPU and both 6/8 pins are available. So the size is not a problem.

Thanks...

Solution
if it was for the GTX 1060@6GB then i would suggest the MSI Gaming X or the Asus Strix GTX 1060
but as for the 3GB one you can go for the any you like as mostly all are gonna run the same you can go for the EVGA or MSI but that all depends on the price difference and the kind of looks of the GPU:D
if it was for the GTX 1060@6GB then i would suggest the MSI Gaming X or the Asus Strix GTX 1060
but as for the 3GB one you can go for the any you like as mostly all are gonna run the same you can go for the EVGA or MSI but that all depends on the price difference and the kind of looks of the GPU:D

Solution

ZRace

Commendable
May 12, 2017
Go with a dual fan version if you have the space and budget for it. You narrow down the models by looks, video outputs etc.

And when only a few models are left, you can read specific reviews of those cards and decide which one you want after that :)

Monzer_1

Reputable
Dec 4, 2016
would you recommend 1060 gtx 3gb zotac ? there is a huge price between it and any dual fan 1060 3gb in my country 50$ should I still get a dual fan or just get the cheapest one ?

ZRace

Commendable
May 12, 2017
If the price difference is really large, then you can also go with a single fan version. But bear in mind that those versions will probably run louder and hotter, resulting in possibly shorter lifespan.

Performance-wise, it shouldn't make too much of a difference tho.

Yash_rc

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017

agreed. about the performance all models are basically same performance AT MAX 1 or 2 fps boost it can be many reasons ... such as lower temps ... but i do own a gtx 1060 3gb (yea 3GB dont hate... upgraded from hd 6670)
i have an asus dual fan oc edition ... and i would say my card runs at 60c without turning on the fans most of the time my gpu temp is 80c while gaming but in my previous hd 6670 it was always 90c and it still works fine ! you can damage your card IF ur air flow is INSANELY restricted ... if not go with single fans ...you may go with dual fans aesthetically .. but i dont care what looks good or not in my case i want best bang for buck...

TRENDING THREADS