Which GTX 950 should i buy?

Solution
MSI and Zotac are just third party manufacturers, each with their own spin on the product.

For example, the new cards (the GTX 1080, 1070, etc.) all come in varieties known as the founders edition cards. The founders edition cards are designed directly by NVIDIA and usually cost a little more due to the premium design.

However, third party manufacturers can design their own cards using the same chipset and specs. So MSI and Zotac make their own 1080 and 1070 cards, and they can vary from speed to how many fans they have to lighting effects, etc.

To answer your question, buy one that fits your budget. If you can afford multiple variants and you still don't know what to pick, do some research. Find the clock speeds of each card you...

Markus_3

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

I can tell you about my specs but not case, it's and old one and i have no clue.
Specs:
Intel Core i5 3470S @ 2.90GHz 41 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ECS H61H2-M6 (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
IPS235 (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Gigabyte)
my psu is 550W and bronze certificate

Fallonite

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
MSI and Zotac are just third party manufacturers, each with their own spin on the product.

For example, the new cards (the GTX 1080, 1070, etc.) all come in varieties known as the founders edition cards. The founders edition cards are designed directly by NVIDIA and usually cost a little more due to the premium design.

However, third party manufacturers can design their own cards using the same chipset and specs. So MSI and Zotac make their own 1080 and 1070 cards, and they can vary from speed to how many fans they have to lighting effects, etc.

To answer your question, buy one that fits your budget. If you can afford multiple variants and you still don't know what to pick, do some research. Find the clock speeds of each card you are looking at and see which one is faster. Look at how many fans that each has if you want a card that is cool and quiet. Make sure the size is adequate for the case you own. If you have a smaller case, you might want a smaller card so that it fits nice and snug.

A website that will help you a lot is pcpartpicker.com . Start a new system build and put in your components and then select the exact graphics card you want to buy and put it in your build. It has a compatibility checker that will verify that all your parts are compatible.

However, if you don't know your case, pcpartpicker won't help you 100%. Like I said, if you have a smaller case, pick up a smaller card. Pcpartpicker is just a starting stone to help people make sure they pick compatible parts.

Solution