Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
Hello,
I have a quite old pc with the specs below:

MSI 870-G54
Phenom II X2 BE565
8 GB HyperX Ram
Zotac GTX460

I think it is time for me to upgrade since newer games cause a lot of challenge to my rig. Unfortunately I don't have a big budget. I thought of getting Asus M5A97 with AMD FX-6300 but everybody says that GPU is the key element to boost gaming speed. However I can't afford a video card along with these parts. So should I instead buy only a videocard around the same price as the mobo and the cpu?

Thanks guys.

Solution
You're probably going to get a better result with a new video card, but your cpu might cause a bottleneck so if you want to be gaming at 1080 with high settings you should consider having a big upgrade (re-build your system). anyway with a newer graphics card it should handle newer games, cpu is still capable for most games.

Rakanyshu

Distinguished
You're probably going to get a better result with a new video card, but your cpu might cause a bottleneck so if you want to be gaming at 1080 with high settings you should consider having a big upgrade (re-build your system). anyway with a newer graphics card it should handle newer games, cpu is still capable for most games.

Solution