[SOLVED] Which HDD should i buy

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
Should i buy Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB Internal Hard Drive for Desktop
or
Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 8.89 cm (3.5 Inch) SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache for Computer Desktop PC (ST1000DM010)

I heard Seagate hard drives are bad and unreliable so i also want to know if its true.

Solution
understandable. but i say again that if there was some data to back up that notion, it would be found all over the place. anecdotal stories of "my friend had 2 die on him" does not make the entire line avoidable. i've had drives from every brand fail and some last 10 years + from every brand.

i personally use WD but only because they tend to be the better bang for the buck when i need one and they are readily available in my local stores. but on a good sale i'll not hesitate to buy a seagate drive.

i've not seen anything from a reputable source suggesting any of the seagate drives are flawed. but if it worries you, then just get the WD and move on. neither is gonna be a bad buy unless the price is high :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
either hdd is a good choice.

if there was ANY validity to any brand/model being bad you would see it everywhere. it would not be something only a couple people know. it's not true but everyone has their own preference. some prefer each brand but not really due to one being "better" than the other

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
either hdd is a good choice.

if there was ANY validity to any brand/model being bad you would see it everywhere. it would not be something only a couple people know. it's not true but everyone has their own preference. some prefer each brand but not really due to one being "better" than the other
I asked this question cause i saw a lot threads saying that seagate is bad and has a high failure rate compared to WD.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
understandable. but i say again that if there was some data to back up that notion, it would be found all over the place. anecdotal stories of "my friend had 2 die on him" does not make the entire line avoidable. i've had drives from every brand fail and some last 10 years + from every brand.

i personally use WD but only because they tend to be the better bang for the buck when i need one and they are readily available in my local stores. but on a good sale i'll not hesitate to buy a seagate drive.

i've not seen anything from a reputable source suggesting any of the seagate drives are flawed. but if it worries you, then just get the WD and move on. neither is gonna be a bad buy unless the price is high :)

Solution