[SOLVED] Which HDD should I keep? And is keeping my SSD worth it?

Tory3rMurre

Reputable
Jul 23, 2016
Hello,

I'm selling my old computer and buying a new one. Since I have 3 disks in the computer that I'm selling, I would like to save some money on the new one - buy it without the harddisk and use some from my current computer.

These are my questions:

I have 2 HDDs and 1 SSD.

HDD 1: WD 1TB, 3.5", SATA3 6Gbps, 7200rpm, 64MB, WD10EZEX

HDD 2: WD Green 1TB, SATA/600, 64MB, WD10EZRX

SSD: Transcend SSD220S 240GB SSD disk 2.5'' SATA III, TLC, Aluminium casing - TS240GSSD220S

Which one of these 2 HDDs should I keep? They're also different age, so I probably should provide you with a report of some kind made by some kind of an HDD-analyzing software. Which is the most accurate (can be paid)?

What about the SSD, should I buy a new one, or there won't be much performance gain? It's 1 year and 3 months old - is there some software that can determine in what condition it is?

Thank you!

Solution
Which one of these 2 HDDs should I keep? They're also different age, so I probably should provide you with a report of some kind made by some kind of an HDD-analyzing software. Which is the most accurate (can be paid)?
Use HD Sentinel. This probably gives the most information for a drive and has a free version. If you want more detail, the paid version can be used.

May as well keep the SSD for now. No point in upgrading if it isn't an issue, and you can always upgrade later, but it can help sellability of the PC if it has an SSD.

If you did want to get rid of one, I'd get rid of the Green on balance as their green line are usually the slowest, but if there is no issue, just keep it.
Hello,

I'm selling my old computer and buying a new one. Since I have 3 disks in the computer that I'm selling, I would like to save some money on the new one - buy it without the harddisk and use some from my current computer.

These are my questions:

I have 2 HDDs and 1 SSD.

HDD 1: WD 1TB, 3.5", SATA3 6Gbps, 7200rpm, 64MB, WD10EZEX

HDD 2: WD Green 1TB, SATA/600, 64MB, WD10EZRX

SSD: Transcend SSD220S 240GB SSD disk 2.5'' SATA III, TLC, Aluminium casing - TS240GSSD220S

What about the SSD, should I buy a new one, or there won't be much performance gain? It's 1 year and 3 months old - is there some software that can determine in what condition it is?

Thank you!
I would keep HDDs if they are in excellent condition. new SSDs are quite cheap nowadays and you will probably sell system easier with an SSD.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Use HD Sentinel. This probably gives the most information for a drive and has a free version. If you want more detail, the paid version can be used.

May as well keep the SSD for now. No point in upgrading if it isn't an issue, and you can always upgrade later, but it can help sellability of the PC if it has an SSD.

If you did want to get rid of one, I'd get rid of the Green on balance as their green line are usually the slowest, but if there is no issue, just keep it.

Solution