Which HDMI Cord Do I need

Howdy_McGee

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
So I have a Samsung RF510 Model and I just bought a fairly large flatscreen Samsung smart TV. I thought I could buy any old HDMI cord to hook up my laptop to this TV but the HDMI cord I bought was too big to fit in my HDMI laptop port. How do I know what HDMI cord to buy for my laptop?

Howdy_McGee

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
I tried hooking up the normal HDMI that we got from bestbuy but the HDMI port on my laptop is about the size of a usb port if no skinnier/smaller. This HDMI cord is a 240. I'm not sure if that makes a difference

I don't even own a users manual anymore :/ brb googling

**EDIT**

Users manual doesnt say anything and this HDMI definitely doesn't fit in it's HDMI port on either of my laptops but fits fine in my blueray player and TV... Not sure what this means exactly... HDMI 240 also doesn't mean size like i thought it did :S

I am thinking I need a "mini" type 'C' HDMI cord but my question now is, can I get the other side to be standard HDMI?

popatim

Titan
Do both ends of that cable fit in the tv's hdmi port? The manual nor any reference that I could find state that its any different than the standard hdmi connector... and the picture sure looks like a standard hdmi port so I'm thinking the cable is goofey.

Howdy_McGee

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011

Yeah both ends fit into my TV fine and my Blu-ray Player so I guess I just need a HDMI mini