Question Which headphones do you recommend to me?

ventedtax0

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a headphone, nowadays I have a Logitech G633 Artemis spectrum and I would like to upgrade it. Which headphones do you recommend to me? Budget 200-400usd. I saw reviews about some headphone models such as Beyerdynamic 990, Sennheiser Momentum 4, Beyerdynamic dt 770, etc. I would use the headphone for listening to music, meetings, and casual gaming. I don’t have preferences about wired o wireless headphones.

Best regards

I really like my AKG 712 Pro’s. Someone on here suggested them a few years back and after looking up reviews I gave them a go.

One thing that surprised me was getting an external DAC/Amp and how much improved the sound. This is in comparison to both motherboard and ASUS Phoebus soundcards I had used.

ventedtax0

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
I really like my AKG 712 Pro’s. Someone on here suggested them a few years back and after looking up reviews I gave them a go.

One thing that surprised me was getting an external DAC/Amp and how much improved the sound. This is in comparison to both motherboard and ASUS Phoebus soundcards I had used.
Hi, @sizzling, I appreciate your opinion but I think that those headphones are useful in music production. My use is more casual. I don't know too much about audio specifications.

Thanks!

Hi, @sizzling, I appreciate your opinion but I think that those headphones are useful in music production. My use is more casual. I don't know too much about audio specifications.

Thanks!
The challenge with choosing audio equipment is people want different things. I prefer what I feel is a natural/accurate reproduction without parts of the sound signature being over emphasised. These do still have some rolloff in the low end but that seems unavoidable with open back headphone’s. I find these excellent for listening to music and gaming. Do you know what sound signature you looking for?

Sarah Jacobsson Purewal

Senior Editor
Aug 5, 2022
^^ Sound signature is an important factor! What kind of music do you listen to? What kind of games do you play? Are you looking for headphones that you can travel with, or will you only be using these at home? Will you be using them with multiple devices?

Maybe it's easier to ask what you like/dislike about your current headset

ventedtax0

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
The challenge with choosing audio equipment is people want different things. I prefer what I feel is a natural/accurate reproduction without parts of the sound signature being over emphasised. These do still have some rolloff in the low end but that seems unavoidable with open back headphones. I find these excellent for listening to music and gaming. Do you know what sound signature you looking for?

^^ Sound signature is an important factor! What kind of music do you listen to? What kind of games do you play? Are you looking for headphones that you can travel with, or will you only be using these at home? Will you be using them with multiple devices?

Maybe it's easier to ask what you like/dislike about your current headset
I will use the headphones on my PC desktop or notebook. I occasionally could carry the headphone on travel. I wouldn't use it on travel I would only carry it in my backpack.

I usually play the following games: shooters, sports

Music: I don't have a specific music genre. I often listen to music such as pop, cumbia, and reggaeton.

About my current headphone, I like the deep sound and 7.1 virtual