[SOLVED] Which i5 8th gen bundle should I get?

Dec 8, 2018
i5 8400 and Asus ROG strix B360 H

or i5 8600 MSI B360M Bazooka

The i5 8600 can only be bought in bundle so I don't have an option
They are both have the same price from the store
I know the 2nd option has much better processor but is the motherboard on the 2nd option fine to use?

Solution
Just because the first motherboard says "Strix" doesn't mean the world.

If these are your only options, I would take the 8600, you'll be happier in the long run. Both of the motherboard are "B" boards, so they are not super fancy, designed for non overclocking systems. The Asus will have a little bit better features, a bit better hardware on the board. But the bazooka is a great budget board, I wouldn't worry about it.

Take the 8600
Just because the first motherboard says "Strix" doesn't mean the world.

If these are your only options, I would take the 8600, you'll be happier in the long run. Both of the motherboard are "B" boards, so they are not super fancy, designed for non overclocking systems. The Asus will have a little bit better features, a bit better hardware on the board. But the bazooka is a great budget board, I wouldn't worry about it.

Take the 8600

Solution

Captaingadget

Reputable
Jan 20, 2017
I would say the 8600/MSI one, you'll see more of a difference between the 8600 and 8400 than you will between the two mobos, the Strix board is a premium badge but usually comes at a premium price too and won't do a whole lot more than a standard board.