[SOLVED] Which Intel wifi card can replace a AC 9560? In a 10th gen intel Laptop?

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
Solution
This is outside my expertise but I know the AX201 requires a certain intel chipsets. It also uses a different slot if I remember correctly.

So your machine either has this slot or it does not. Some small number of 802.11ac cards also use this special connection. What type of slot is in the machine is going to determine what you need to do. I know you can't put the ax201 in a standard slot even though it might physically be the same, I am unsure if you could put the 200 into the slot that has the special cpu support.

............so I don't know for sure you need to check very carefully what your laptop actually supports. Asus has some of the best customer support there is, might be a question to ask them

Note if you...
This is outside my expertise but I know the AX201 requires a certain intel chipsets. It also uses a different slot if I remember correctly.

So your machine either has this slot or it does not. Some small number of 802.11ac cards also use this special connection. What type of slot is in the machine is going to determine what you need to do. I know you can't put the ax201 in a standard slot even though it might physically be the same, I am unsure if you could put the 200 into the slot that has the special cpu support.

............so I don't know for sure you need to check very carefully what your laptop actually supports. Asus has some of the best customer support there is, might be a question to ask them

Note if you are chasing the newest technology the ax210 cards have just started to become available to actually buy. These are wifi6e. These use the more standard interface and not the special one the ax201 uses.

Solution

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020

Note if you are chasing the newest technology the ax210 cards have just started to become available to actually buy. These are wifi6e. These use the more standard interface and not the special one the ax201 uses.

I ordered an Ax 201 from my local it. I hope it fits. So I hope Asus install a slot on the machines motherboard which also supports it since its 10th gen cpu.