Which is a better laptop-Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series or Toshiba P70-b097?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam Crome

Reputable
May 21, 2015
I need a new laptop.Can you please give me advice?I was also considering the HP Envy L219tx but after reading reviews I now think not

iballew

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
Go with the dell. Recently, I bought two Toshiba laptops both completely different models. Both started falling apart within the first 6 months. The first one, a satellite with an i3, had screws start slowly loosening and falling out of the bottom of the laptop (of course it took me a while to notice). It turns out, whoever was assembling the machine didn't tighten the screws even close to how tight they were suppose to be so I had to properly tighten the screws on the bottom of the laptop after I noticed half of them were missing. Anyway the second machine I bought was a low end celeron laptop. In about two months, the left clicker had compactly fallen apart from the inside. Moral of the story: don't buy a Toshiba. They are junk designed to last a few years max.

njoy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Having worked in a shop that used to buy/sell used electronics, my advice would be to go with Dell, their overall quality and especially the quality of plastic and cooling is just better. Toshiba's low- to mid-range can be utter tosh at times (well, most of the time, actually), while Dell is a lot more consistent. Their aftersale service is better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS