[SOLVED] which is best motherboard for i7-3770 (LGA 1155) ?

Solution
LGA 1155 socket boards are getting pretty scarce. They have been obsolete (not produced) for several years now. So on the used market, you may not be able to be picky unless you want to pay more than they cost new. The Asus Sabertooth series of motherboards is always a solid choice. The Z77 chipset boards are what you should look at for the top of the line.
Why? Because you said you wanted the best.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
LGA 1155 socket boards are getting pretty scarce. They have been obsolete (not produced) for several years now. So on the used market, you may not be able to be picky unless you want to pay more than they cost new. The Asus Sabertooth series of motherboards is always a solid choice. The Z77 chipset boards are what you should look at for the top of the line.
Why? Because you said you wanted the best.

Reactions: Giorgi379
Solution

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
thanks, how can i avoid that problems when i buy from ebay used?
What I look for is number of sales and of course, feedback score. If the seller has numerous sales, near 100% feedback, has been an ebay member for some time, accepts returns... chances are the seller will stand by what he/she sells. Be sure check where it ships from. That will determine (1) the time it takes to get it and (2) your shipping charge from and back if you have to return it.

Giorgi379

Reputable
May 12, 2020
What I look for is number of sales and of course, feedback score. If the seller has numerous sales, near 100% feedback, has been an ebay member for some time, accepts returns... chances are the seller will stand by what he/she sells. Be sure check where it ships from. That will determine (1) the time it takes to get it and (2) your shipping charge from and back if you have to return it.
thanks <3 which SSD and GPU you recommend?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
thanks <3 which SSD and GPU you recommend?
I have no recommendations for the SSD. Suggest you check out reviews:
SSD

Your CPU will be the limiting factor for choosing a GPU depending on what screen resolution you game at and whether you value high FPS over the best eye candy. Or vice-versa. The RX 5500 XT, 5600 XT or GTX 1660, 1660S are at or slightly above the ability of the i7-3770 to keep up with. So those would be max cards in my estimation.
Other folks may have differing opinions.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
what GPU you recommend on 1155 socket DDR3 ?
budget 100$
$100 U.S. ? It will depend where you live, but that will limit your choice of a good gaming card a bit. I see some RX 580 and 570 cards on ebay at or under that price. And it will depend on whether or not you want to bid for a card or B.I.N.
Here are some cards I found in the U.S. only, returns accepted.

If you were to buy new at Newegg for example, $100 would only get you a RX 560 at best.

Giorgi379

Reputable
May 12, 2020
$100 U.S. ? It will depend where you live, but that will limit your choice of a good gaming card a bit. I see some RX 580 and 570 cards on ebay at or under that price. And it will depend on whether or not you want to bid for a card or B.I.N.
Here are some cards I found in the U.S. only, returns accepted.

If you were to buy new at Newegg for example, $100 would only get you a RX 560 at best.
thanks i will buy from ebay
it will work on ddr3 motherboard? 1155 socket

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
thanks i will buy from ebay
it will work on ddr3 motherboard? 1155 socket
Yes. System RAM and the card's VRAM are independent of each other. And the 1155 socket is fine. The only thing you'll notice is that the card will run at PCIe version 2.0 throughput instead of PCIe 3.0. But with the RX 580, it won't matter. The RX 580 can't saturate the PCIe interface even at 2.0.

PS: I noticed the link I left you above, doesn't go where it was supposed to. I guess that is due to ebay's ever-changing listings.

Giorgi379

Reputable
May 12, 2020
Yes. System RAM and the card's VRAM are independent of each other. And the 1155 socket is fine. The only thing you'll notice is that the card will run at PCIe version 2.0 throughput instead of PCIe 3.0. But with the RX 580, it won't matter. The RX 580 can't saturate the PCIe interface even at 2.0.

PS: I noticed the link I left you above, doesn't go where it was supposed to. I guess that is due to ebay's ever-changing listings.
any other alternative? rx 560, 570 or 580 ? on ebay budget 100$

Giorgi379

Reputable
May 12, 2020
580 is expensive more than 100$
p.s which brand you recommend ?
Capture.png

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
580 is expensive more than 100$
p.s which brand you recommend ?
Capture.png
I've had good experience with all those brands. And I've had at least one card in each of those brands. No problems, but then... I don't OC my cards. Sapphire and Power Color used to be the best, but go with whichever has the best price. 8GB if you can afford it, but no big loss at 1080p if you have to settle for 4GB.