Question Which is better a Chromebook or an Android Tablet? - khanacademy

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
Which is better, which is most versatile. Chrome or android? Aren't they basically both running google programs?

Which would be better for the khanacademy?

Previously, I came to the conclusion that a chromebook would be better, but now, I cant think of why an android tablet with a keyboard wouldn't be better? - The performance is generally higher in the android tablets, is it not?

Thanks

Which is better, which is most versatile. Chrome or android? Aren't they basically both running google programs?

Which would be better for the khanacademy?

Previously, I came to the conclusion that a chromebook would be better, but now, I cant think of why an android tablet with a keyboard wouldn't be better? - The performance is generally higher in the android tablets, is it not?

Thanks
iPad is better than both tbh, google ceded that battle a few years ago.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i looked into chromebook for my father not too long ago and decided it was a terrible idea.

no app store, basically only chrome browser and if you can't do it through the browser, then you can't do it. some expensive higher end chromebooks have a limited store available but it is basically the other google apps and nothing more.

they get pricey quick and you'll easily get more from a budget windows laptop or stepping up to a nice tablet if you wish to stay with that type device. but a decent tablet from any brand is gonna hit $400 range to stay useful for more than 6 months.

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
This Acer Chromebook 11 seems fine for my primary use, which is the khancademy.

it seems okay for watching youtube videos, typing, ect.

What more am I looking at by getting an ipad? -- Is there a recommend product for doing some things such as the khan academy? -- I used to have the ipad air, it was quite nice resolution -- so that is one perk right?

Can someone please provide some information as to the different ipads, and which one will likely help me reap the most benefits?

Well all of the new iPads can use the keyboard and pencil I believe though the lower end models only support the old pencil. Essentially the pros have better screens, they have pro motion and are bigger in the same design language as the newer style iPhones.

The cheaper iPads are in the old design with a home button, don’t have promotion etc however that’s not a great loss if you don’t intend on drawing or taking hand written notes a lot and the cheaper iPads can still do it it’s just not a nice feeling if you get me.

I think the Air is worth the extra £120 over the normal iPad because it has the A12 chip from the iPhone XS gen and the cheaper iPad only has the A10 from the iPhone 7 Gen.

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
If I do opt to go with the Ipad AIr, and sell my chromebook acer 11,

would it be a good idea?

Is there a full sized keyboard for the ipad air, like the acer 11 chromebook? -- Before I had a kind of cramped keyboard