[SOLVED] Which is better, corsair h115i or nzxt kraken x62?

Solution
Performance is nearly identical. The h115i gets a hair better in temps using PWM. The x62 a hair better using 12V fixed (full power all the time).

Noise wise the x62 is much quieter in PWM or 12V modes.

Given that performance is so close but noise levels are so much lower with the x62. I'd say the x62 is the better of the two.

This review is of the H115i. However, the x62 is in the list to compare it with. That way you can see how they compare on the same test system and criteria.
https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8...platinum-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html
Performance is nearly identical. The h115i gets a hair better in temps using PWM. The x62 a hair better using 12V fixed (full power all the time).

Noise wise the x62 is much quieter in PWM or 12V modes.

Given that performance is so close but noise levels are so much lower with the x62. I'd say the x62 is the better of the two.

This review is of the H115i. However, the x62 is in the list to compare it with. That way you can see how they compare on the same test system and criteria.
https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8...platinum-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html

Solution
I've actually owned both, and used both with the setup in my signature, except for a differnt GPU (9900K and RTX 2070 Super).

I had a Corsair H115i XT to begin with. I was very good, I didn't have any comlaints really - except I don't find AiOs particularly quiet, unless the max fan RPM limit is reduced a bit.

After a while running the 115i XT completely stock, I replaced the Corsair fans with a pair of Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm pwm 2000rpm fans.
I didn't make a massve difference, but was an interesting thing to try and see how would work - it slightly improved the noise levels while the cooling performance was pretty much the same.

After about a year with the H115i XT, I replaced it with an NZXT Kraken x62.

The performance was pretty much the same, I still found the predefined fan curves too noisy, but the AiO still performed very well with a custom 50% limit to max fan speed.

So my personal experience with the two AiOs left me with an impression of two great AiOs of almost identical performance and similarly priced (at the time) - the looks was pretty much the only noticable difference to me, when using my own custom fan profiles adjusted to reduce noise for both my setups. I neverr ran the fans above 900 rpm under max CPU load.

I didn't particularly like neither Corsair Link nor NZXT Cam, which was the available control software when I had the two AiOs. But overall, I think I prefer NZXT Cam over Corsair Link, if I had to choose.

EDIT : But I hate the fact that you have to share usage data, if you create a profile for running NZXT Cam in anything other than "guest mode".

So if you can't decide between the two, I would personally go with the one that has the most appealing looks to you, performance is pretty much identical, similar noise levels if you don't run the fans at 100%, and they both have each their pros and cons with regards to the software... - both Cam and Link leaves a lot to be desired with regards to improvements.
EDIT :If you don't care about looks, you should get the cheapest option of the two,

The Noctua fans I used with the Corsair H115i XT didn't work with the x62 though, due to different minimum fan rpm specs, so if you are considering using different fans than what comes with the AiO, Corsair is the better option for compatibility - in my experience at least.

If I had to choose one over the other, I'd pick the Kraken x62, primarely because of the looks - so it is pretty much down to personal preference, in my opinion. They both have a decent factory warranty.

-sorry for the wall of text.

Last edited:
Reactions: SleezyBlowfish

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What's the concern with Cam? It works well. I just stuck mine on silent mode and apart from fixing the startup every time windows did a major update, forgot about it.

Most people are freaked by it sending your pc hardware data to nzxt, no idea why, it's already sent to Microsoft, Google and half a dozen other places.

What's the concern with Cam? It works well. I just stuck mine on silent mode and apart from fixing the startup every time windows did a major update, forgot about it.

Most people are freaked by it sending your pc hardware data to nzxt, no idea why, it's already sent to Microsoft, Google and half a dozen other places.

I did create an online accouunt, I know it is not exactly harmful to me, but the more control I have of the privacy settings of a certain program, the better to me - I would prefer not to send usage data, or if have the option to enable or disable it to my own liking, and not partially forced into accepting it, since the Cam software is fairly limitid in guest mode.

EDIT :I'm not completely against sharing usage data, and I have it turned on for a selcted few programs I currently use.

I don't like the available privacy options in Win 10 using an online account either, so it isn't just this specific piece of software.

I did say, that I prefer NZXT Cam over Corsair Link

However, I personally felt that the manual fan curve settings were unituitive and a bit "clumsy" to manipulate. I don't like the failure to automaticllay log into Cam when performing a reboot shortly after initially loading into Windows - for example after a software update, or consecutive driver installs.

And on some occations, for no reason really, the software just didn't launch with Windows, even if the setting was correctly applied in the software. Not a big issue, but when adding things up, these little things is what I personally dislike about NZXT Cam.

The way to apply program settings in preferences was poorly implemented, there was an (in my opinion) unneccessary extra step to actually apply changes to the program settings on each tab, which would reset the changes just made when swtiching to a different tab, if you accidentally missed this step - you were not asked if you wanted to discard or apply changes (in case one forgot) - and it was easy to miss.

I know, I just had to pay extra attention, so admittedly the error is on my part - this is however, not something I've run into elsewhere, which is why I don't feel like the software menu layout is optimally designed. This is down to personal preference though. But these are the reasons I can't say the software felt well designed to me personally.

But creating custom fan curves was even more unintuitive in Corsair Link - especially the silly way you apply same settings to the second fan.

But I know some people will have different personal preferences than mine, who actually really likes Link or Cam - and that's perfectly fine by me :)
Personally, I feel like there's room for improvement - but it also had features I liked.

Last edited: