Question Which is better Corsair or EVGA

Seabass101

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
Hi, I was wondering if EVGA FX12 fans are better then the Corsair ML120 Premium Magnetic Levitation fans and why?

So from a Performance standpoint with is better performing when used on a PC build?

No, they are not. The Maglev fans are better, overall, than anything EVGA has to offer other than customer support after the sale which EVGA clearly has better than pretty much anybody else. I don't know of any hardware companies with as good of customer support after the sale as EVGA except maybe Fractal design. But Corsair is pretty decent too.

EVGA has some fans that have pretty good brute force performance, but they are so loud you wouldn't want to use them at the level at which they leave others behind, plus there are other fans that can offer the same performance with much lower sound pressure levels, so just not a good choice overall.

What EXACTLY do you intend to use the fan ON. Case fan? CPU cooler? Radiator? It makes a difference.

What is your fan budget, how many fans do you need and exactly WHERE would each fan be used at?

Reactions: Seabass101

Seabass101

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
If noise is of no concern to you, then those are great. Otherwise, forget it, because those will drive you out of the room in a matter of minutes. I just replaced my NF-A14 PWM 2000rpm rear exhaust fan with a normal NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap fan because I just couldn't handle the irritation at the sound and harmonics of that fan compared to the rest of them, even at low loads, and I had plenty of thermal headroom anyhow so it made really no difference overall.

But, all of the Noctua fans are very good quality. So are Thermalright. (Not to be confused with Thermaltake, which are generally not that great). Both these companies have very good quality, very quiet fans.

Really, it matters WHAT and WHERE they are going to be used for. Just slapping a fan with a very high RPM, CFM and static pressure rating, on, may not make sense in a lot of situations.

TRENDING THREADS