[SOLVED] Which is better DVI-D or HDMI

Nov 20, 2019
Hello fellow mates,

I was lurking in the google and searching for some answer but i can't find a concrete answer, it tells me that they are both good in terms of resolution output, but i guess it is better to asked people here base from their own experience, which is better DVD-D or HDMI,

I have Radeon RX570 8GB GDDR5 Sapphire Videocard and i was searching a better and compatible adapter because my monitor is Female VGA Type. I need a piece of advise before i bought online to avoid wrong item to order.

Untitled-1.png

Thank you,

Last edited:
Solution
Converting to analog is going to change the outcome somewhat. If the graphics card has a DVI-I port, could use a simple DVI to VGA cable.

As for direct picture quality comparison between HDMI and DVI, both are identical. However, DVI doesn't pass audio and is no longer superior in refresh rate. DVI is also being phased out, replaced by HDMI and Displayport.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Converting to analog is going to change the outcome somewhat. If the graphics card has a DVI-I port, could use a simple DVI to VGA cable.

As for direct picture quality comparison between HDMI and DVI, both are identical. However, DVI doesn't pass audio and is no longer superior in refresh rate. DVI is also being phased out, replaced by HDMI and Displayport.

Solution
Nov 20, 2019
Sir,

my vcard is DVI-D not DVI-I.. well does it mean it is better to buy a HDMI port/cable than DVI-I?

well this is the back of my vcard.
Untitled-1.png

Thank you.

Nov 20, 2019
What model monitor? Does it have any other connectivity options than VGA?

If VGA is the only option then active adapter is necessary.

Hello Sir, Actually my monitor is not intended for PC Gaming but for alternate purpose only.

Monitor: Ace 32 Glass Slim HD Smart LED TV Black LED-808 DN2

This is the back of my monitor:
thumb_show.php