[SOLVED] Which is better for Streaming?

Hi all,

I'm helping my friend build his streaming PC. For the same price, I managed to come up with these 2 builds:

Build 1
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 (Tray)
  • Motherboard: ASRock B450M-HDV
  • RAM: Team Elite Plus 2x8GB 3200Mhz
  • GPU: PowerColor RX 580 Red Dragon 8GB
  • Storage: ADATA SU650 240GB
  • Storage: Seagate 2TB 7,200rpm
  • PSU: Seasonic S12ii-520W Bronze
  • Case: Cooler Master Q300L

Build 2
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard: ASRock B450M-HDV
  • RAM: Team Elite Plus 2x8GB 3200Mhz
  • GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB
  • Storage: ADATA SU650 240GB
  • Storage: Seagate 2TB 7,200rpm
  • PSU: Seasonic S12ii-520W Bronze
  • Case: Cooler Master Q300L

Which is better?

Solution
So you would go for the Ryzen 5 2600 build?
Yes, and if the choice of case doesn't change, then the RX 580 in build 1 is more likely to overheat and thermal throttle VS the more power efficient GTX 1650 Super in build 2.

I've read up on the psu, and I think it may not be a good choice either. I'm seeing things like:
-It doesn't have OCP(overcurrent protection)
-It's not compatible with the CPU sleep states due to it's older design, i.e., not Haswell Ready, or for newer cpus
Supposedly, the S12G is a more up to date model - if that's even available. There's also Corsair's CX and CXM.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Another vote for the 2nd one... but is there no way around that choice of case? It's actually a hot box; the front panel is deceptively restrictive.
It may be fine with the the parts you're going to install soon, but future gpu options are going to be limited.

Another vote for the 2nd one... but is there no way around that choice of case? It's actually a hot box; the front panel is deceptively restrictive.
It may be fine with the the parts you're going to install soon, but future gpu options are going to be limited.

There is a way around that case yes. I never used it myself but it seemed like a nice case. I'll make sure to change it more suitable.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, and if the choice of case doesn't change, then the RX 580 in build 1 is more likely to overheat and thermal throttle VS the more power efficient GTX 1650 Super in build 2.

I've read up on the psu, and I think it may not be a good choice either. I'm seeing things like:
-It's not compatible with the CPU sleep states due to it's older design, i.e., not Haswell Ready, or for newer cpus
Supposedly, the S12G is a more up to date model - if that's even available. There's also Corsair's CX and CXM.

Solution

Thanks for the tip. I've decided to change the case following the advice of several people. I've gone for the Tecware Nexus M mATX case, which is an inexpensive alternative that my friend quite likes. I think I will proceed with the first build.

So it doesn't bother any of you that the 1700 is a Tray model instead of a Boxed. Because I don't have any experience purchasing them and would like your guys' opinion on it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So it doesn't bother any of you that the 1700 is a Tray model instead of a Boxed. Because I don't have any experience purchasing them and would like your guys' opinion on it.
Because there's no discernible difference in quality from OEM/Tray VS a boxed cpu, except:
-OEM/Tray doesn't ship with a cooler
-OEM/Tray has a shorter warranty or none at all
OEM/Tray processors are intended for mass/bulk sales to system integrators or other businesses.

Because there's no discernible difference in quality from OEM/Tray VS a boxed cpu, except:
OEM/Tray processors are intended for mass/bulk sales to system integrators or other businesses.

Good to know. Thanks for clarifying. It's a Tray model with the cooler but a 1-year warranty on it. I think I will go ahead with it.