Question which is better having better mhz or a xmp profile

Nov 17, 2019
one ram has a xmp profile and one haas a better mhz. yes my computer can support it just really curious which one is better to have. im leaning towards the one with a xmp profile
here are the links from the official site.
both are kits of 8gb ramm each with 16gb total
entire specs are on the 2 links

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Laptop-and-Notebook-Memory/Vengeance®-—-16GB-High-Performance-Laptop-Memory-Upgrade-Kit/p/CMSX16GX3M2A1600C10

Memory Size: 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB)
Tested Latency: 10-10-10-27
Tested Voltage: 1.5V
Tested Speed: 1600MHz
Package Memory Format: SODIMM
Performance Profile: XMP 1.3
Package Memory Pin: 204

or

https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/memory/impact-ddr3?Speed=2133MHz&Module Capacity=8GB&Kit=Kit of 2
  • Total Capacity: 16GB (2x8GB)

• Memory Profile: 2133MHz, 11-12-13, 1.35V/1.5V

Lutfij

Titan
To get a better picture of the scenario, you're going to have to include the specs to your build, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Often times people ask questions and then end up buying the wrong part in haste. I see DDR3, which platform are you working with AMD's AM3+/FM2+ or Intel's 4th gen of processors?

Nov 17, 2019
hello. I currently have intel i3 8th gen 8300 laptop. It can use soddim ddr3 or ddr3l both modes fit that form factor. the rest of the information doe not matter. I was asking is it better to have xmp profile or higher mhz. I know the MHz is 800 and then 1600 combined for the higher mhz kit and know real mhz power is typicially half unless you have an xmp profile which one has. both are good brands but i honestly do not know much about xmp profiles besides enabling it and knowing which ram brands have automatic settings

I currently have intel i3 8th gen 8300 laptop.
Laptop BIOS usually is pretty limited. Most likely it doesn't support any overclocking at all and will run at default frequency supported by cpu.
What exactly model laptop is that?

i3 8300 supports DDR4 only (doesn't support DDR3). It's desktop cpu btw.

i3 8300H supports DDR4 and DDR3L (doesn't support DDR3). I have never seen a laptop supporting 2 DDR types simultaneously. So most likely only DDR4 or DDR3L will be supported.

Nov 17, 2019
it can run ddr3l. i hghly doubt it can fit ddr4 sodimm in it. crucial website didnt recommend ddr4 bit well this is why im here to narrow down the 2 that can fit but a puzzling question of which is better, a xmp 1.4 profile or higher mhz

it can run ddr3l. i hghly doubt it can fit ddr4 sodimm in it. crucial website didnt recommend ddr4 bit well this is why im here to narrow down the 2 that can fit but a puzzling question of which is better, a xmp 1.4 profile or higher mhz
Run CPU-Z and check the Memory tab for DDR3L or DDR4 and the SPD tab for the part number to buy a second kit or similar spec'ed dual module kit with higher capacity. https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html