[SOLVED] which is better psu for my build

Tomoki

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
my build will consist of 3700x on asus mobo with either deepcool castle 240 or the default in the box aio (still deciding,) 1 nvme m.2 with 1 hdd with a zotac 2070super amp extreme 16 to 32gb ram, few case fans and if possible rgb strips too. Wanna add mabye more storage or change the gpu to a powerful one in near future.
my dilemma is with the power supply, should i go with a antec hcg 1000 extreme 80+ gold or some 650 to 750 80+ bronze, as the cheapest one in the gold is the antec compared to other gold certified ones being very slightly cheaper or costlier with less wattage of 750 to 850 as i get that extra headroom.
I mean is 1000w an overkill or should i go with some bronze ones of 650 or 750, coz gold is better than bronze in efficiency and quality and other 750 to 850 gold ones r costlier than the antec 1000w.

Note- will try to oc the cpu and the gpu as much as possible.

Solution
ok, bt is it necessary to go with the gold as the price of 750w gold is the same as the 1000w antec, and the bronze ones are cheaper.
Is it necessary to go with the 80+ Gold, no, is it recommended, yes. At this point in time prices for 80+ Gold PSU's have come down in price to the point that they are affordable for even budget systems. The components of the gold ones are higher quality so you get a longer warranty compared to the bronze. The efficiency is quite a bit higher as well which means lower heat and drawing less power from the wall. The difference in cost is pretty minimal now so you will save money in the long run. What country are you in?
ok, bt is it necessary to go with the gold as the price of 750w gold is the same as the 1000w antec, and the bronze ones are cheaper.
Is it necessary to go with the 80+ Gold, no, is it recommended, yes. At this point in time prices for 80+ Gold PSU's have come down in price to the point that they are affordable for even budget systems. The components of the gold ones are higher quality so you get a longer warranty compared to the bronze. The efficiency is quite a bit higher as well which means lower heat and drawing less power from the wall. The difference in cost is pretty minimal now so you will save money in the long run. What country are you in?

Solution

Tomoki

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
ok. im from india. will mostly go for the antec ea650g pro or ea750g pro which is 80+ gold. as the other brands are costly.
reference site for parts in mumbai where i checked is https://www.primeabgb.com/
Thanks alot.