Which is better?

Solution
if you don't care about extra features like the option to have front panel USB 3.0 or a nice assortment of pci slots, then get the asrock, it will work just as well for doing things, if you're all about the setup and want lots of nitty gritty options, then get the gigabyte

Jaxem

Honorable
if you don't care about extra features like the option to have front panel USB 3.0 or a nice assortment of pci slots, then get the asrock, it will work just as well for doing things, if you're all about the setup and want lots of nitty gritty options, then get the gigabyte

Solution

noodlez

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

you mean if in the front of my case has usb 3.0 slots it wont be compatible?

Jaxem

Honorable
If you get a case with front 3.0 and the ASRock board, then you'll have to get an adapter to plug the 3.0 ports into a 2.0 header, they'll work fine, but at 2.0 speeds. Without an adapter, no, it wouldn't be compatible.

noodlez

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

damn... so the back 3.0's will work then?

Jaxem

Honorable
Yep, though i don't find them very useful since i only plug in perifs in the back and none of them are 3.0. I just got a replacement assembly for my front 3.0 on my Xigmatek case (the original broke instantly) and it's been awesome...If you have 3.0 external drives or flash drives, it's very nice.