Question Which is better?

Apr 11, 2019
USB Wireless Network Adapter or Wireless Extender with Ethernet

My msi mag z390 tomahawk motherboard doesn't came with wifi.

Thanks for the help.

That would depend on the distance to the access point. If a usb NIC can connect at a reasonable speed, its almost certainly better than adding in another device that will have to sit closer to the first access point and then run a cable. Can you not just run a cable straight back to the router?

If this is to play online games I would recommend powerline before any form of wifi.

As stated above it really isn't a lot of difference. You hook a wifi nic to your pc via USB cable or you hook a wifi nic to your pc via ethernet. You could go farther with the ethernet I suppose if that is a option so you might get more signal level. A quality USB device will work just as good as a extender. I would buy a USB device that already has a USB cable these tend to be designed for desktop use. Many of the USB devices are tiny and are designed for portable use where size and saving battery..ie low wifi power...is important.

But I would still consider a pair of powerline device the newer av2 based technology works better than the older stuff.

TRENDING THREADS