Which is better?

G

I am building a 1.1gig AMD Thunderbird system w/256mb sdram
MAXTOR 40gig ATA/66. 5,400rpm
I'm trying to decide between these video cards;
ATI's Rage Fury MAXX, Powercolor's Evil KYRO, and 3DFX's VooDoo 5 5500.
Can anyone tell me which is the better card between the three. I am not a hardcore gamer so I don't need the real expensive stuff, I just want a good card and these seem to have an affordable price. Also can you tell me what makes the one you chose the better of the 3? Thanks!

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I have no idea what the KYRO is, but the V5 will get you better visuals/perf. than the fury. You can find a GTS for $134, and overclock it quite a bit with only a little manual labor.

If you're not playing games, then go with the cheapest one. You'll get the refresh rates you need with the v5 and fury.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
A Radeon LE will beat everyone of those cards in game benchmarks, DVD quality and is a current chipset card. Can be had for less than $80 US, delivered to your door.

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is my little peave. Never skimp on the RAM otherwise your computer will be slower then a 800MHz Duron. Trust me go CAS2 only.

Your Signature Sucks

G

So, you think this is better than the VooDoo5?
What about graphics memory? Does that make a difference in
card performance? What makes the Radeon LE better.

G

I don't understand, can you please explain? So memory doesn't have anything to do with performance. What exactly makes a graphics card a good card?

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
-DDR Ram
-More advance chipset
-Very overclockable
-Drivers are mature and are still being developed
-32megs DDR board for less than $80!!!
-Great online support at rage3d.com (most people tend to have issues with the ATI support, I havn't myself have any significant issues.)