Which is positive and ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2018
I lost my lap top charger for my Asus x205t eeebook and read that you can hard wire it by taking the back off and soldering wires to the positive and ground and using another charger from a different laptop to charge it.so my question is which side is positive and negative on the board and can I use another charger such as a Toshiba to charge it.

Solution
You would be better off getting a replacement charger. Chargers come in many different configurations, most important is output voltage and sufficient output current to charge the battery and of course polarity ( pos/gnd).

t53186

Distinguished
You would be better off getting a replacement charger. Chargers come in many different configurations, most important is output voltage and sufficient output current to charge the battery and of course polarity ( pos/gnd).

Solution

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
You'd have to make sure the other charger outputs the same voltage as the original one did, and is rated for the same amperage or higher.

So you're just going to have soldered leads hanging off your laptop? How are you going to connect them to the other charger? Will you be able to close up the laptop with the leads attached? What steps will you take to make sure they don't short out?

You can buy a new charger for less than $20, seems like a much better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.