[SOLVED] Which is really better?

Jul 9, 2020
the msi has a bit higher clocks out of the box and its smaller, but the clock difference is =0 in real world performance cause its just a few mhz.
Bigger cards usually OC better and have better coolers, if you are just about plug and play.. then get whatever is cheaper and don't worry about it.
PS. Gigabyte is usually a bad deal from my experience.

Jul 21, 2018
the msi has a bit higher clocks out of the box and its smaller, but the clock difference is =0 in real world performance cause its just a few mhz.
Bigger cards usually OC better and have better coolers, if you are just about plug and play.. then get whatever is cheaper and don't worry about it.
PS. I Gigabyte is usually a bad deal from my experience.

Well yeah, some guys told me that Gigabyte is producing more power but more noise than MSI.

They are both very similar with a slight edge to the Gigabyte card which hits a better core clock boost at 1680 versus 1665. Bottom line the Gigabyte is better but both will do the job. Both will boost higher than advertised so long as cooling is okay in your case.

If you can go for the 3 fan version on gigabyte even better as the boost will hit close to 1950 to 2GHz and is rated at 1815MHz overclocks a bit better and runs cooler.
https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Graphics-Card/GV-N206SGAMING-OC-8GC#kf

Jul 21, 2018
They are both very similar with a slight edge to the Gigabyte card which hits a better core clock boost at 1680 versus 1665. Bottom line the Gigabyte is better but both will do the job. Both will boost higher than advertised so long as cooling is okay in your case.

If you can go for the 3 fan version on gigabyte even better as the boost will hit close to 1950 to 2GHz and is rated at 1815MHz overclocks a bit better and runs cooler.
https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Graphics-Card/GV-N206SGAMING-OC-8GC#kf

When it comes to any budget, msi will be the right card since both will do the job.

That really depends...I have the MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio and yes it is extremely well made and has one of the best cooling setups but at the lower end especially on the likes of the Ventus range the cooling solution is more than okay but comes down to fitting a certain price point, same with Gigabyte and the rest. Of course you can pay a lot more for the Gaming X Trio, ASUS Strix, EVGA FTW range etc on all makes and there it really comes down to better cooling, quieter and the boost tends to hold up a bit better...

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
From my experience, I have better experience with Gigabyte than MSI. My previous card was MSI and it had some noise coming from fan. My friend also had an MSI card and something happened to it's fan too, don't remember what. Also, my motherboard is MSI brand and one of it's parts fell from it. I had to put it back to it's place. Now I have Gigabyte video card and can't say anything bad about it. It performs well without any issues and thanks to 3 fans it's less noisy and more cool than my previous 2 fans MSI card. I personally think that Gigabyte produces more quality products than MSI, however it's my own opinion.

TRENDING THREADS